Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Saturday, January 9, 2010

BLOG BY BEAGLE and cheetah print goes with everything

Penny is the brains behind this operation, believe me. Well, a motivator anyway. When it is cold like this, she gets extra cuddly.
With these mugs below, I wanted to try to make cow and elephant mugs with shorter legs, and I think the effect may be cuter than my usual long legs. Um, easier too. Then I was wondering why I have not yet made beagle mugs like these, with the tail as handle? Coming up soon....
The missus made cheetah print stockings for Christmas, and little scraps have been around the house. I showed last week that I lined my glasses case with it and made my sock monkey a rakish little scarf. But I REALLY wanted a cheetah case for my computer, and holy cats Batman, look what the missus (and Spike) cooked up for me last night...I love that woman so much :)






20 comments:

Hilary said...

You two are so creative.. and your critters so cute. I love the photos of Maude seemingly warning Spike not to touch the pin cushion. And her sewing machine is a beauty!

denis said...

celebrities would probably pay big $$$$$$$$$ for that laptop case.

Trish said...

How FINE is that! :) very cool.
and yes, the sewing machine looks wonderful!.
Have an equally FINE day!
Cheers, T.

Michèle Hastings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michèle Hastings said...

AWESOME sewing machine! ...and the laptop case is the cats azzz...

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

yer a lucky lad!

kate et jim said...

I learned to sew on one of those machines - any chance Maude would part with it! lol.

Ice Pony Girl said...

Beautiful sewing machine!

Reverend Awesome said...

Maude's hands are beautiful. Obviously I love the laptop case and all that. The thing that stands out the most in all of this post though...the ladies lovely hands.

cookingwithgas said...

Too Hot, you guys are just too hot!
Which is good when it is this cold.
I love the look- will she make you a hat?

Anonymous said...

Maude, you are incredible! (Your sewing machine is pretty awesome, too!)
Gary, you are one lucky guy (but you already knew that)!

Anonymous said...

PS: Great mugs!!

And my word verification is "Winterm"

Busy Bee Suz said...

Your wife is SO talented. LOVE this. Oh, and that old Singer? That is a thing of beauty!!

Unknown said...

Yup! Maude truly does have very beautiful and capable-looking hands.
I can also read Spike's mind, and he's saying, yeah, that's catty-lookin', but moi? I am the cat's meow, and everything else wild and wonderful and catlike and besides I'm so big nobody would dare argue. So?

Cheryl said...

Wow! What a lovely gift from your wife and Spike. And I so love the Singer! Brings back memories of my mom making me clothes.

Emily SIL said...

Maybe Spike and Emily were having a sit-in to protest too much time on the computer? I agree with the above posters, Mrs. Pottsblog does have lovely hands (and so capable, too!)

Boozy Tooth said...

Just popped over from Hilary's to congratulate you for being recognized on her Post Of The Week.

Any guy that loves her gal and appreciates her cheetah laptop case making talents (among other talents, I am positive) is okay in my book.

Now if I only knew how to get my hands on one of your elephant mug, I could die a happy woman. Do you sell and ship? Please say yes and email me... AAHice@aol.com

Land of shimp said...

Those mugs are absolutely wonderful, and I love the Cheetah stockings, as well as the snuggle Beagle. What a nice lift to the morning.

As an aside, you also made me remember one of the funniest scenes in my memory: A class full of would be potters being taught to pull handles. I've never seen a group of thirty people lose it to that extent, it was like an infectious form of giggles.

Congratulations on the post of the week, and particularly on your wonderful mugs.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

POTW!! Congratulations! :)

ethelmaepotter! said...

I absolutely adore the elephant mugs! And your Spike looks just like my grandkitty, Scarf.
Congrats on POTW!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.