I just dipped my camera in my tea, it isn't even 6 on a Sunday yet, and you wonder why I am up. Me too.
Working backwards, it is very snowy outside again and the dogs were reluctant to go out, but its their toilet, so out they go. I was excited to get out of bed today because my wee little kiln was cokking yesterday and I knew I could unoad it early and it has beautiful BEAUTIFUL results and potters like to open a nice kiln load. Before that, of course, I was dreaming I was asked to be a special diplomatic asst, I swear I am not making this up, to the president in talks with the Koreans and Japanese over....beer exports. It was a very friendly and congenial meeting and I quite like the Koreans and Japanese who were super friendly, and I can tell you for certain, now that I have met the president in my dreams, I can tell you he inspires loyalty and confidence and is a great man. Good to know.
In other news, the wife has been most saint-like, and has spent a large part of her vacation mending my crapola. I cannot believe it. This one pair of my Levis has become a total art project. She has been adding a sweet colorful patch each year almost for 15 years. Quite motley. You know I have to bake her all the triple chocolate cookies she desires as a reward. AND do her duty with taking the dogs out in the PJs. In the snow. The woman who patches your jeans does NOT have to go out into the snow with the dogs for quite a few nights.
(one of these pairs of jeans, true story: I was sitting there teaching a pottery class at Cornell, and when you work on a wheel it is between your knees, your legs apart, and I looked down and wondered if I was seeing a hole developing in the jeans crotch. And a whole class looking on. Were they able to see my red undies? Was my willy safe from view?????? Let's just say they have a triple reinforced crotch panel now.)
We watched Cary Grant in THE AWFUL TRUTH last night, a comedy from 1937. You didn't remember I am a huge Cary Grant fan??? He was the absolute BEST, holy cats that was a funny movie, and with an amazing dog too.
OK, a couple of pots and then....
The Sweater Song--you MUST watch this...
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
"I'll light the fire, you place the flowers in the vase that you bought today." --CSNY
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- Georges Le Soq makes le b**bies
- the last day of January thank GOD
- Georges Le Soq, famous actor and super model: THE...
- wouldn't you like to wake up next to this????
- "glad I am not your neighbor"
- Wednesday = business time, Thursday = recycle day
- tater tot enchiladas with Georges Le Soq...
- Georges Le Soq and me, we're like THIS
- FARRAH and me
- my heart is not in it....
- probably everyone would think this is boring SO......
- can you make it six inches in less than 2 and a ha...
- PENNY LANE
- go NINJA all over Spike's azz...
- scaring the crapola outta a bunch o' geese...
- le beagles.....
- Georges poses NEWD
- smokin' hawt
- pints with Benji and Georges....
- no internets???????????????
- tater tots + tortillas = tater tot burritos!
- was that coffee decaf????
- le cups, le saucers....
- George Le Soq: sock monkey and super model
- master and servant....lurid confessions
- le TATER TOT PIZZA
- tweedle dee and tweedle dum
- travels and shopping with Georges, part 2
- I GET THE GOLD Jacket: a day of shopping with Geo...
- le mugs
- WHO ARE you, who who?
- SNOW PIGGY: back to the daily grind
- LIVE FROM NEW YORK its Gary....
- Gary, live on TV!
- lotsa tasty coffee...
- out with the old, in with the NEW....undies too......
- part two with Georges Le Soq: Georges wants to bu...
- post of the WEEK!
- Georges goes OUT, part one: Georges parties with ...
- people gettin' down, people gettin' CRAZY
- a wee bit of controversy
- a few words from the cabana boy...
- the CATS take over
- BLOG BY BEAGLE and cheetah print goes with everyth...
- BIG ORANGE FUZZY IN THE NAVEL
- le dawgs...
- go with the SPAGHETTI BURRITO
- ME: ready for prime time?
- "what am I going to do without Penny????"
- a wee bit o' boredom can lead you straight to .......
- wee little display, part 3, at Aurora Arts and Des...
- wee little display, chapter 2
- a wee little display project
- now that I have offended all of America...
- the irritations of POP and LITE ROCK
- "you're not going to..."
- "too much time on his hands"
- its not a blizzard but it is a bit dicey out there...
- the president needs ME
- a clever little gizmo
- let's talk New Year's day
- ▼ January (62)