Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, January 3, 2010

the president needs ME

I just dipped my camera in my tea, it isn't even 6 on a Sunday yet, and you wonder why I am up. Me too.
Working backwards, it is very snowy outside again and the dogs were reluctant to go out, but its their toilet, so out they go. I was excited to get out of bed today because my wee little kiln was cokking yesterday and I knew I could unoad it early and it has beautiful BEAUTIFUL results and potters like to open a nice kiln load. Before that, of course, I was dreaming I was asked to be a special diplomatic asst, I swear I am not making this up, to the president in talks with the Koreans and Japanese over....beer exports. It was a very friendly and congenial meeting and I quite like the Koreans and Japanese who were super friendly, and I can tell you for certain, now that I have met the president in my dreams, I can tell you he inspires loyalty and confidence and is a great man. Good to know.
In other news, the wife has been most saint-like, and has spent a large part of her vacation mending my crapola. I cannot believe it. This one pair of my Levis has become a total art project. She has been adding a sweet colorful patch each year almost for 15 years. Quite motley. You know I have to bake her all the triple chocolate cookies she desires as a reward. AND do her duty with taking the dogs out in the PJs. In the snow. The woman who patches your jeans does NOT have to go out into the snow with the dogs for quite a few nights.
(one of these pairs of jeans, true story: I was sitting there teaching a pottery class at Cornell, and when you work on a wheel it is between your knees, your legs apart, and I looked down and wondered if I was seeing a hole developing in the jeans crotch. And a whole class looking on. Were they able to see my red undies? Was my willy safe from view?????? Let's just say they have a triple reinforced crotch panel now.)
We watched Cary Grant in THE AWFUL TRUTH last night, a comedy from 1937. You didn't remember I am a huge Cary Grant fan??? He was the absolute BEST, holy cats that was a funny movie, and with an amazing dog too.
OK, a couple of pots and then....






The Sweater Song--you MUST watch this...

10 comments:

Kimberly said...

I asked my Mom did she and Dad like Cary Grant when they were kids. she said she didn't like him cuz he was too silly. She loved Burt Lancaster.

We watched the "English Patient' last night till 12!!! I confess I love Ralph Fiennes....he looks SO cool in shorts.

cookingwithgas said...

I like the video!
Find more- who is she?
she is great.
M
PS the prez does need you.

Busy Bee Suz said...

You have some wacky dreams...must be the beer. Or all the clay you have absorbed through your hands.
Love those jeans!!!!

Michèle Hastings said...

nice pants

Anonymous said...

amigo... i hope running that kiln warmed up the place a bit. colder than hell here. i dreamt last night that i was trying to get my ex-wife to consider taking more luxurious vacations to major cities, staying in more posh hotels and shopping everyday as a way to allay her discontent. whoa!

Unknown said...

I wish there was a way to erase all possible flashings when sitting at the wheel. I didn't flash anyone with a hole in my pants, but I like to wear tank tops because they're comfortable... and it seems like there are a few pics of me at the wheel where...well.. you know.. MORE is showing than I had intended.

Lovin' the wavy groovy vahze. Beautimus. :)

Anna M. Branner said...

I think you and I are dream kindred spirits. People are always telling me to go to a dream analyst....but I think I dont want to know!!!

Cheryl said...

Loved the video. Does wearing my hubby's old gross sweatshirt count??

Barbara said...

Are those the beautifully patched pants? Beautifully done, and worth many doggie toilet runs.
Glad you were there to help the prez with the beer.

Chelle said...

I LOVE this song! It's been on my iPod for years. Every once in a while, I'll turn to Brent for no reason whatsoever and say, "100% acrylic". LOL!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.