Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, January 10, 2010

a few words from the cabana boy...

The joke around the Women's colony is that the only men allowed around the place would be somebody like Johnny Depp who could be cabana boy and pass out drinks and towels and such.
Yesterday Jenn in San Diego comments on THIS VERY BLOG
"Did I hear a rumor you were going to be a Cabana boy at the Women's Colony get-together in August?!"
which is frankly a compliment. I am sure it has something to do with my secret triple chocolate cookie recipe.
ANYWAY, so yesterday the wife reads that and looks me over head to toe
"HA! My husband through other women's eyes! What do they see?"
and I raise my eyebrows in a way that would make Johnny jealous and ask
"Breakfast burritos in bed darling?".


I liked the first little red teapot out of the kiln last week I quick made another and fired it in the baby kiln, but with a shapely ovoid handle. Shoot, I should make a dozen of those today, if I wasn't so easily bored....
and thanks again to Steve Gallow for the BW header up there--Stevo is my best pal and a photographer and super nice guy :)





I had the Pretenders Human on the Inside song bouncing around in my head, and happened to find this version by the Divinyls which is quite excellent and rather steamy actually....

11 comments:

Kimberly said...

Ummmm....breakfast burritos!!! I think I'll make myself one right now.

cookingwithgas said...

Gary I think you are a shoe in for the Colony, wit and charm.....and that you cook!
Great wee teapots!

Unknown said...

I think a cabana boy that can wave a giant palm leaf, bring beverages with little umbrellas, AND make fancy triple chocolate chip cookies surpasses a Johnny Depp cabana boy. :)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

seriously, what does Johnny have that I don't?

Busy Bee Suz said...

Cabana boys are the best!!
Sweet teapots.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

You can teach Johnny and George Clooney all your woman-pleasin' recipes! The Missus does know she's invited too, right?

Cheryl said...

And the cabana boy cooks delish breakfasts as well?? Watch out Johnny!

Trish said...

Love the little red tea pots.:) How many cups of tea do they hold, Gary?

PEACE said...

Okay, I guess it's been awhile since I checked out your blog...but was in the hospital for a month and then there is that blasted facebook. Glad to know you still have the blog. Love the teapots!

Peace and Happy New Year!

DirtKicker Pottery said...

Those breakfast burritos look very yummy. Love the music clip.. Good one :)

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Bring the missus and you can be our cook! ;)

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.