You have the open studios where the great multitudes come over and you chat and they eat all the snacks....and leave happily after a quick visit. Sometimes somebody may buy something.
Then you have the open studios where you have fewer visitors and THEY ALL buy something and you may not be a millionaire but you're like "holy cats that was fun!" and you can keep feeding the dog and paying the tax bills, etc...
The visitors I had this weekend were so FUN they talked with me forever and I was hoarse again.... here are some pics ....
BTW, speaking of hippos, Heidi asked Friday, having seen pics of my hippo bowls
"can you make hippo cups????" and I am like
"mmmmmmmaybe..." and I am walking the dog with the wife Sunday and she does a ballet pose
"how about if the hippo is dancing and becomes the handle???". Which is what you see here.....
takes forever to make but SO cute!
OK, OPEN STUDIO again Thanksgiving weekend!
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Monday, October 14, 2013
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- the internet is OH SO many silly selfies, cute dog...
- oooh ooooooh, witchy woman.....
- Penny the working girl dresses UP for Halloween an...
- PUMPKIN-CHOCOLATE COOKIES: not as nutty as you th...
- pottery plane with a piggy!
- a couple of RANDOM thoughts....
- speaking of PIGS, flying and otherwise...
- shooting for perfection...or at least a favorite!
- you work your WHOLE life for this...
- Penny is a WORKING dog...
- Canada is DIFFERENT: road trip part TWO
- 511 miles, 14 hours, 9 green lights: highlights f...
- throwing, sculpting, taxi meters
- being valued and getting paid....
- the biggest toy EVER?
- the nature of innovation...?
- this is LA... (not)
- everybody was in a BUYING mood....
- the friendly people who...
- they come for MY CAT AND DOG.....
- utter FAVorites
- CHILL out in the HOT sun
- I WISH....
- a MIXED bag...
- OPEN STUDIO and juvenile delinquents...
- nobody would KILL for KAULIFLOWER....
- oh well!
- just forget all your other plans....
- (heart) A to Z bread....
- ▼ October (31)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
We’re famous (well, we got on a blog). That was so much fun and we bought some really cute things. This is the only place we went on the art trail this weekend and it’s a good thing . . . we spent a long time there mulling over just what we HAD to have. Penny the beagle works well into the pottery and Gary and Maude are the BEST hosts. Thanks so much for showing Susan and I such a great time. LOVE or purchases. Peggy
I give up, never saw the hippo ballerina handle...lots of great shots of you making something tho...and that's worth almost as much.
Glad it was a success! Your studio looks so homey. (Homy? Homie? Meh.)
Whoohoo! So glad you had a successful open house! Who wouldn't want to come and chat with you, eat pumpkin scones, and buy cool pottery. My problem would be restraining myself from buying every mixing bowl in your studio.
Great pictures--not quite like being there but close. We are talking about making a pilgrimage your way "someday". Glad people are responding so well to the work and taking some home!
We had a great time exploring all of your creations, and eating your pumpkin scones. (Thanks for sharing the recipe). Lovely ladies in the photos :)
(the one wearing the grey shirt)
I think the hippo cup will be SPECTACULAR!
Yes to hippos! Sounds like a most successful week end! Good news!
Congrats on a fabulously successful open studio!
Post a Comment