Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, October 13, 2013

the friendly people who...

I can see the equation must work like this:

make cute pots +  people see cute pots = people who see cute pots are REALLY friendly to the potter!

So, yes, open studio Saturday and again 11-5 today.  What I am trying to say is you have NO idea how nice people are to me, and I am grateful for that.  If I made stacks of boring pots, would people treat me the same way when they look at a hippo bowl or mug with a pig?  I am glad that the fun in the work comes back to me from customers.

OK, highlights day one:
--the pumpkin scones I shared yesterday?  BIG SUCCESS. One guy ate 3....
--I was talked out at the end of the day, HOARSE!  I have never been talked hoarse at an event...
--whereas sometimes you have a lot of customers visit who buy nothing, I had a few customers who bought a LOT which is, I think, the most fun of all.....


4 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Great to hear...where did you get those tiny spot lights? I like them.

smartcat said...

Your set up looks great. I feel like I'm looking into a candy store.
Toes crossed for continued sales.

cookingwithgas said...

Pumpkin scones sound so good.
I love when it all works.

Lori Buff said...

Glad it was a good show for you. I tend to make a warm spiced cider for the guests and to sooth my throat so I can keep talking.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.