Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

the nature of innovation...?

OK, bear with me, alright?
I was dreaming last night  that I was a medical resident working with researchers who asked me to make something to diagnose tumors and I used a cardboard box and invented the MRI or cat scan... wow.  Pretty grand, huh?  It was all quite vivid, and the thing worked!  Where's my Nobel prize?

Back here NOT in dreamland the other day Heidi asks me if I can make hippo cups?  I showed myself during open studio making them, no, none were finished, just in process.  But I was wondering how to do it and as we walked the dog the wife is doing dance moves and tells me the hippo could become the handle which is dancing...YES!  that is it....takes forever, but looks about perfect, right?

Have a great Wednesday!

5 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Right out of Fantasia! The dancing hippos (sans tutus), not your dream.

Busy Bee Suz said...

You should get a nobel prize for those hippo cups!!! Cute.

smalltownme said...

Masterpieces!

smartcat said...

You always give me something to smile about....love the hippos!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Ha! I love their giant toothy grins!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.