Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

(heart) A to Z bread....



(Alita contacts me:  "I will need your heart mugs for friends getting married!" and I do it, hmm mmm...)

You kinda wonder about zucchini bread:  it is delicious and wonderful....but recipes have so much sugar and cinnamon in it, you get the feeling ANYthing could be thrown in there!  Banana peels, old paper towels, worn out tires:  grate them in there, it is all delicious!
I say that because although I like zucchini and have many uses for it, truly, does anybody REALLY like the stuff or is it merely this thing that overtakes the garden and thrifty Americans want to use it...somehow....grimly....so HEY!  Take a boatload of sugar and spice, huzzah! Bread! YUM!

My zucchini bread recipe from Nicole Hunn of gluten-free on a shoestring goes one step further:  she tosses chocolate chips in there too!!!! YOU KNOW she has 3 little kids.  You imagine it goes like this:
"hey Junior, would you like, um, chocolate chip bread for breakfast???" and the response is "yaaay!" whereas no kid on EARTH would touch something called zucchini bread.

OKAY, but that recipe is SO good and I don't add her chocolate chips.  I asked "what if I used shredded apple and raisins instead?????".
BRILLIANT :)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What brand of "flour" do you use? Or do you make your own "Gluten Free Flour Mixture". My Grandson has Celiac and I am wondering what I should look for in the grocery store to make awesome food for him. Thanks.

ALBUG

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I use bob's red mill gf all purpose flour, it is quite good for nearly every thing. For some of my recipes I use chickpea flour, or brown rice flour or GF certified oat flour, and corn flour for corn bread and some tortillas :) The nice thing about GF flours like these is that they have a substantial amount of good nutrients, like iron, fiber, protein which is pretty much non-existant in wheat.

smalltownme said...

I love fresh zucchini but I don't grow it so I don't have to deal with the proliferation!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love how you improvise in the kitchen; genius.
I heart the heart mugs!!!

cm said...

I use zucchini on veggie pizzas, in lieu of pepperoni. Yummy!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.