I was baking some chocolate chip cookies Tuesday. I had work to do, but the sun was out and....you know?
The back of the gluten-free flour mix I get from Bob's red mill has Babycakes NYC chocolate chip cookie recipe on there. WE HAVE EATEN there! More than once! It is a wonderful little bakery dedicated to weird eaters like me, the vegan and the gluten-free. It is waaaaay down Broome St. near Chinatown and Little Italy. It has nothing to do with either of those, being a hipster hangout colonizing a cheap neighborhood.
ANYWAY I have other gf cookie recipes and this one looks, well, weird. Like food science and chemistry is bending over backwards to make a 1) tasty 2) cookie that 3) holds together without 4) butter or eggs or 5) flour!
I told the wife later "I put my planned lunch back in the fridge...took the largest cookie and smeared peanut butter on it OH MY it was goooood..."
In other news, our house which we painted spring green last year looks quite pretty with the warm fall colors, hmm?
FINALLY..some more cups sans handles that I made, have a great Wednesday!
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Wednesday, October 2, 2013
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- the internet is OH SO many silly selfies, cute dog...
- oooh ooooooh, witchy woman.....
- Penny the working girl dresses UP for Halloween an...
- PUMPKIN-CHOCOLATE COOKIES: not as nutty as you th...
- pottery plane with a piggy!
- a couple of RANDOM thoughts....
- speaking of PIGS, flying and otherwise...
- shooting for perfection...or at least a favorite!
- you work your WHOLE life for this...
- Penny is a WORKING dog...
- Canada is DIFFERENT: road trip part TWO
- 511 miles, 14 hours, 9 green lights: highlights f...
- throwing, sculpting, taxi meters
- being valued and getting paid....
- the biggest toy EVER?
- the nature of innovation...?
- this is LA... (not)
- everybody was in a BUYING mood....
- the friendly people who...
- they come for MY CAT AND DOG.....
- utter FAVorites
- CHILL out in the HOT sun
- I WISH....
- a MIXED bag...
- OPEN STUDIO and juvenile delinquents...
- nobody would KILL for KAULIFLOWER....
- oh well!
- just forget all your other plans....
- (heart) A to Z bread....
- ▼ October (31)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Thanks, Gary. I wil look for Bob's GF flour in my local store.
The house does look pretty. I like the pots on the front porch.
"Spring" and "green" are two of the best words...your house looks sweet.
Does Spike eat peanut butter? He sure looks curious.
Are those MY cups? I love my cups so much! Handles are way over-rated.
I'm going to try those cookies ASAP!
Post a Comment