Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

just forget all your other plans....

I was baking some chocolate chip cookies Tuesday.  I had work to do, but the sun was out and....you know?
The back of the gluten-free flour mix I get from Bob's red mill has Babycakes NYC chocolate chip cookie recipe on there.  WE HAVE EATEN there!  More than once!  It is a wonderful little bakery dedicated to weird eaters like me, the vegan and the gluten-free.  It is waaaaay down Broome St. near Chinatown and Little Italy.  It has nothing to do with either of those, being a hipster hangout colonizing a cheap neighborhood.

ANYWAY I have other gf cookie recipes and this one looks, well, weird.  Like food science and chemistry is bending over backwards to make a 1) tasty 2) cookie that 3) holds together without 4) butter or eggs or 5) flour!

I told the wife later "I put my planned lunch back in the fridge...took the largest cookie and smeared peanut butter on it OH MY it was goooood..."

In other news, our house which we painted spring green last year looks quite pretty with the warm fall colors, hmm?

FINALLY..some more cups sans handles that I made, have a great Wednesday!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Gary. I wil look for Bob's GF flour in my local store.

ALBUG

Lori Buff said...

The house does look pretty. I like the pots on the front porch.

Anonymous said...

"Spring" and "green" are two of the best words...your house looks sweet.

smalltownme said...

Does Spike eat peanut butter? He sure looks curious.

Barb Matijevich said...

Are those MY cups? I love my cups so much! Handles are way over-rated.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

I'm going to try those cookies ASAP!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.