Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Saturday, October 26, 2013

a couple of RANDOM thoughts....

OK, 5 on Saturday?  "You're up, Gary?  You must love coffee...".
I do.  And I like getting up early.  But today? a) there was a crash a minute ago, which is why I got up. I go downstairs and the cat is MEWLING happily...next to a broken lamp on the floor.  I am not angry or upset:  it is cold and he was probably chasing a mouse.  Old house + oncoming winter = mice in the walls.
b)  the kiln!  I wanted to crawl back into bed and go to sleep, but the kiln!  I had fired it yesterday and it is cool enough to peek into...and there are many fragile little experiments in there that seem like they are OK...it is still pretty hot in there, it will cool until 2-3 this afternoon, but I am excited :)
c)  I made an airplane cup!  Sorta steampunk looking, hmm?  In the top of this kiln firing is an actual clay airplane I made and it looks GOOD... this one actually does something..need to make another, right?
Have an awesome Saturday!

7 comments:

smartcat said...

I think Spike and Aloysius have some E.S.P. feline communication skills. Aloysius managed to pull down a clamp gro-light over my desk while we were outside figuring out how to get the lime tree inside.
KITTY FUN!
I'm loving the airplane cup and the airplane. There's a story there somewhere. The cup that wanted to fly?

smalltownme said...

That cup is uplifting.

Barbara Rogers said...

I'm in love with the ariplane cup!

cookingwithgas said...

sweet! not the mice or lamp but the mug.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Awesome plane mug!

I hope Spike keeps those mousies far away from me!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Cats love getting into stuff when we are trying to get our beauty rest! The airplane cups are genius; love this idea!

Anonymous said...

YEah, you have to take the good with the bad when it comes to cats and mice--I used to always have bloodstains on our front porch from our cat's kills, but I enjoyed never having mice in the garage or on the porch.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.