Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

I WISH....

I get out of bed and check the news:  NOPE.  USA government still closed for business, the redneck republicans still holding their tantrum.

Gets me thinking:  "I wish government would reopen".  I wish those people who give us ignorance and intolerance and anger would open their minds  and get out of the way of those who would like to make America a better place, a place with healthcare, better schools, and where we had a little more safety and security in our lives THANKS to government, not in spite of it.

What do you wish today?  Anything you want to share, I'd love to hear it, go to comments!

(last night the wife and I were picnicking and watching Cornell crew teams practice...good GOLLY those guys must eat a big dinner after all that rowing around).

8 comments:

smartcat said...

Bravo! You've stated succinctly what I've been feeling!

JB said...

I wish America would adopt some realistic gun laws and stop being afraid of civil war. That's the only reason I can think of as to why they hang on to the guns and the right to own assault rifles.

Lori Buff said...

I wish we could be a peaceful world. Not just fighting with guns but fighting with intolerance, impatience, and the inability to even try to look at another point of view as possibly being correct.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Gary, have you seen this? As Elizabeth Warren was speaking I kept saying "exactly!"

http://www.upworthy.com/a-senator-gets-mad-about-the-shutdown-and-starts-naming-names-about-time

Anonymous said...

I wish the exact same thing that you do!

Michèle Hastings said...

I am with you on the wishes Gary. I will also add that I wish NC would start moving FORWARD instead of BACKWARDS! Glad I moved here, NC really needs my vote.

Becky Brown said...

Yes! I love the idea of the government and the country OPENING - hearts, minds, spirits.

Also ... my brother was a rower. And yes, they eat their weight.

Darlene said...

Such plain speaking! Thanks, I needed that! :)
Happy open studio day!
I am wishing you a good weekend :)

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.