I get out of bed and check the news: NOPE. USA government still closed for business, the redneck republicans still holding their tantrum.
Gets me thinking: "I wish government would reopen". I wish those people who give us ignorance and intolerance and anger would open their minds and get out of the way of those who would like to make America a better place, a place with healthcare, better schools, and where we had a little more safety and security in our lives THANKS to government, not in spite of it.
What do you wish today? Anything you want to share, I'd love to hear it, go to comments!
(last night the wife and I were picnicking and watching Cornell crew teams practice...good GOLLY those guys must eat a big dinner after all that rowing around).
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- the internet is OH SO many silly selfies, cute dog...
- oooh ooooooh, witchy woman.....
- Penny the working girl dresses UP for Halloween an...
- PUMPKIN-CHOCOLATE COOKIES: not as nutty as you th...
- pottery plane with a piggy!
- a couple of RANDOM thoughts....
- speaking of PIGS, flying and otherwise...
- shooting for perfection...or at least a favorite!
- you work your WHOLE life for this...
- Penny is a WORKING dog...
- Canada is DIFFERENT: road trip part TWO
- 511 miles, 14 hours, 9 green lights: highlights f...
- throwing, sculpting, taxi meters
- being valued and getting paid....
- the biggest toy EVER?
- the nature of innovation...?
- this is LA... (not)
- everybody was in a BUYING mood....
- the friendly people who...
- they come for MY CAT AND DOG.....
- utter FAVorites
- CHILL out in the HOT sun
- I WISH....
- a MIXED bag...
- OPEN STUDIO and juvenile delinquents...
- nobody would KILL for KAULIFLOWER....
- oh well!
- just forget all your other plans....
- (heart) A to Z bread....
- ▼ October (31)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Bravo! You've stated succinctly what I've been feeling!
I wish America would adopt some realistic gun laws and stop being afraid of civil war. That's the only reason I can think of as to why they hang on to the guns and the right to own assault rifles.
I wish we could be a peaceful world. Not just fighting with guns but fighting with intolerance, impatience, and the inability to even try to look at another point of view as possibly being correct.
Gary, have you seen this? As Elizabeth Warren was speaking I kept saying "exactly!"
I wish the exact same thing that you do!
I am with you on the wishes Gary. I will also add that I wish NC would start moving FORWARD instead of BACKWARDS! Glad I moved here, NC really needs my vote.
Yes! I love the idea of the government and the country OPENING - hearts, minds, spirits.
Also ... my brother was a rower. And yes, they eat their weight.
Such plain speaking! Thanks, I needed that! :)
Happy open studio day!
I am wishing you a good weekend :)
Post a Comment