You will hear me recall seeing Pinnocchio (sp.???) when I was 5 and I wanted to be Gepetto! The guy who made toys! So, you know, you could say that guides my daily work, putting a little pig on a mug, for example, or a hippo with a bowl...fun things added to useful things.
2 weeks ago I showed pictures of a couple airplanes I was making. I just woke up one day wanting to make airplanes on the wheel! You have seen me make robots, cars and rockets, and I figured I could do an airplane. I worried that they would crack and warp in the firing but the cup I showed yesterday fired fine so I chanced this plane....and I am SO PLEASED.
I was telling the wife "there will be these 2 elderly women at a fair one Sunday morning, on their way home from church and...."
the wife adds "they will pick up the plane and say 'that's different...what do you DO WITH IT?' "
and I reply "well, you don't do ANYthing with it, it just sits there, looking cute, gathering dust...."
Whoa, update: my buddy Armin is like "PIGS CAN FLY!" and I am like "BRILLIANT!"
Have a great Sunday yerself :)
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Sunday, October 27, 2013
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- the internet is OH SO many silly selfies, cute dog...
- oooh ooooooh, witchy woman.....
- Penny the working girl dresses UP for Halloween an...
- PUMPKIN-CHOCOLATE COOKIES: not as nutty as you th...
- pottery plane with a piggy!
- a couple of RANDOM thoughts....
- speaking of PIGS, flying and otherwise...
- shooting for perfection...or at least a favorite!
- you work your WHOLE life for this...
- Penny is a WORKING dog...
- Canada is DIFFERENT: road trip part TWO
- 511 miles, 14 hours, 9 green lights: highlights f...
- throwing, sculpting, taxi meters
- being valued and getting paid....
- the biggest toy EVER?
- the nature of innovation...?
- this is LA... (not)
- everybody was in a BUYING mood....
- the friendly people who...
- they come for MY CAT AND DOG.....
- utter FAVorites
- CHILL out in the HOT sun
- I WISH....
- a MIXED bag...
- OPEN STUDIO and juvenile delinquents...
- nobody would KILL for KAULIFLOWER....
- oh well!
- just forget all your other plans....
- (heart) A to Z bread....
- ▼ October (31)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Yes, Virginia, pigs can fly!
I said it on Facebook but it needs repeating here...THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!
TOO awesome for words!
Post a Comment