Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, October 17, 2013
the biggest toy EVER?
(mugs by Gary Rith)
SO, if you make mugs with hippos as handles, how long before you try it with elephants, right? Good golly this is FUN to make, even if it takes forever!
OK, so get this: my neighbor calls
"my truck broke down, but a buddy loaned me his ride...wait till you see THIS"
and later there is some noise outside and I look and see....a small fire engine pulling into his drive!
I go over, camera in hand, and he is like
"my buddy collects antique fire trucks!" and here is this small 40-50 year old fire truck...and he let me play with it.... kids growing up wish they could BE a fireman like my neighbor...but maybe it would be even more fun to just have a real fire truck?
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 5:02 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- the internet is OH SO many silly selfies, cute dog...
- oooh ooooooh, witchy woman.....
- Penny the working girl dresses UP for Halloween an...
- PUMPKIN-CHOCOLATE COOKIES: not as nutty as you th...
- pottery plane with a piggy!
- a couple of RANDOM thoughts....
- speaking of PIGS, flying and otherwise...
- shooting for perfection...or at least a favorite!
- you work your WHOLE life for this...
- Penny is a WORKING dog...
- Canada is DIFFERENT: road trip part TWO
- 511 miles, 14 hours, 9 green lights: highlights f...
- throwing, sculpting, taxi meters
- being valued and getting paid....
- the biggest toy EVER?
- the nature of innovation...?
- this is LA... (not)
- everybody was in a BUYING mood....
- the friendly people who...
- they come for MY CAT AND DOG.....
- utter FAVorites
- CHILL out in the HOT sun
- I WISH....
- a MIXED bag...
- OPEN STUDIO and juvenile delinquents...
- nobody would KILL for KAULIFLOWER....
- oh well!
- just forget all your other plans....
- (heart) A to Z bread....
- ▼ October (31)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
That's really a great Big Toy!!! I love it! That's probably why volunteer fire departments have no trouble finding volunteers...LOL!
What fun! I had a friend in NH that also collected antique trucks. There were a few fire trucks in his collection as well.
OOOOH! Shiny! There are toys for 'grown-ups'! and yes I use the term 'grown-up' advisedly!
Love those mugs....they dance!
Did you get to run the lights and siren? That would be really cool too!
Right on about most of us wanting to be firefighters when we grew up.
YAY elephants, or dare I say, Hefalumps!
You are the luckiest guys on the block. What fun!
The elephant cups are tres cute.
Maybe Gary will make Woozles next!
Cool! I would definitely be the menace of the neighborhood blowing the siren and flashing the lights!
Post a Comment