You see different signs! "100kmh" for example. When you are speeding along the "Queen Elizabeth Way" you look down at the speedometer and try to figure out what 100kmh is while asking the wife "what is a Queen Elizabeth?". "Seat belts compulsory" is another example. Compulsory!!!! Do Americans have a vocabulary that encompasses COMPULSORY? Obviously their schools are far better than ours, and it is easy to imagine the stern school teacher frowning at you telling you it is COMPULSORY and you are gonna do it...
But I mean, their POOPER SCOOPER signs don't mess around! GRAPHIC:
(with jake, CM and Ben's dog)
Like I said we went to Niagara peninsula ***Saturday to a favorite winery Cave Springs in Jordan, Ontario, a beautiful place! We had lunch at Zooma Zooma and then went to Hamilton to see our friends CM and Ben..... *** (yes yes, we went to the Falls too :)
On the way home we stopped at the town I had lived in for most of my childhood, Brockport, NY. I had not been there in decades. We moved away when I was in tenth grade. Anyway, this is the house we lived in and the middle school. We were the first to live in this house and my dad planted these trees back in the 70s when it was all grass, and built the rock walls. The middle school was called "the castle".
It is funny going back. I am not a nostalgic person and I am not a person who goes to reunions. But this was fun. I told the wife a few times "I had a girlfriend who lived there" and I saw a political sign with a familiar name on it, running for office:
"hey, I asked her out in 6th grade!" and the wife asks
"did she say yes?" and I reply
"well, she did not say no, so I guess I am still waiting for her answer...."
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Monday, October 21, 2013
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- the internet is OH SO many silly selfies, cute dog...
- oooh ooooooh, witchy woman.....
- Penny the working girl dresses UP for Halloween an...
- PUMPKIN-CHOCOLATE COOKIES: not as nutty as you th...
- pottery plane with a piggy!
- a couple of RANDOM thoughts....
- speaking of PIGS, flying and otherwise...
- shooting for perfection...or at least a favorite!
- you work your WHOLE life for this...
- Penny is a WORKING dog...
- Canada is DIFFERENT: road trip part TWO
- 511 miles, 14 hours, 9 green lights: highlights f...
- throwing, sculpting, taxi meters
- being valued and getting paid....
- the biggest toy EVER?
- the nature of innovation...?
- this is LA... (not)
- everybody was in a BUYING mood....
- the friendly people who...
- they come for MY CAT AND DOG.....
- utter FAVorites
- CHILL out in the HOT sun
- I WISH....
- a MIXED bag...
- OPEN STUDIO and juvenile delinquents...
- nobody would KILL for KAULIFLOWER....
- oh well!
- just forget all your other plans....
- (heart) A to Z bread....
- ▼ October (31)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
What fun! Until two years ago my parents were still living in the house I grew up in. We saw lots of trees grow and then get so big that they had to be cut down.
I don't do reunions either.
That's O.K, Gary. When we go to the States, I have to figure out 60 mph and why everyone is going so fast! My in-laws live near Niagara Falls, se we get to visit every summer.
That' s ok Gary. When we go the States, it takes a few minutes to adjust to mph and why everyone is going so fast! The inlaws live near Niagara Falls, so we get to go every summer.
... so did you go the speed limit or just do what everyone else was doing?
I think you're right about the Canadian schools being better than American schools. Actually, their are lots of things I like better about Canada, if only it weren't so cold...
I need some stern poop scooping signs for my neighborhood! Sounds like a fabulous trip!
As a US citizen living in Canada, I am often asked to "compare" the two. Not sure it can be done. I'm finding that there are significant regional differences within Canada just as there are in the US. After four years I still think in Fahrenheit and miles per hour and am gradually learning to convert these measurements. Glad you had such a great trip!
Post a Comment