Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Saturday, October 5, 2013

nobody would KILL for KAULIFLOWER....



UNLESS..... we are out the other day at the tasty Mexican restaurant and all day I am in the mood for French fries and black bean soup.  What I get instead is the soup and this fascinating cauliflower dish:  they somehow roast it in their wood fired oven with some spice etc. and it is crispy and amazing!  NEVER have I loved a dish so much.
I go home and endeavor to do the same.
When you buy cauliflower, you get this big thing that looks like a huge human head with the skull and face removed! (you are slightly, like, "ewww")
  I know, I have never thought cauliflower a very nice looking item.  BUT what I realize is that it is a blank canvas upon which to paint your flavor and texture...

SO, Thursday I roasted half a head of cauliflower (recipe here) and put it onto spinach-garlic noodles (recipe here) and last night? I roasted a sweet potato and the rest of the cauliflower and we tossed them onto black bean coconut soup (recipe here) OH GOSH amazing :)  Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

I'm a fan of roasted cauliflower, with lemon or curry.
I like it pickled as well.

Barbara Rogers said...

I'm sure it tasted good. But you can have that blank canvass all to yourself...make all the flavors in the world, and I'll still skip a cauliflower. Thanks anyway!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Cauliflower certainly is the brains of the produce dept.
:)
A few weeks ago I had a dish similar to the one you had....mine was at a vegetarian-asian diner. I had no idea cauliflower could be so good. SO darn yummy....but I know I wouldn't be able to recreate it myself. :(

smalltownme said...

I made some curried cauliflower the other night that was so good I didn't want to eat anything else.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it a personal triumph when you can make a recipe yourself like that? Nice job!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

You made it sound so good that I clicked on over... and then I read that "roasting the cauliflower intensifies the flavor"... um, okay then... no cauliflower for me!
I only eat cauliflower if I drown it in a mayonnaise/lemon pepper/cheese sauce after microwaving it into submission.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.