Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Saturday, October 5, 2013
nobody would KILL for KAULIFLOWER....
UNLESS..... we are out the other day at the tasty Mexican restaurant and all day I am in the mood for French fries and black bean soup. What I get instead is the soup and this fascinating cauliflower dish: they somehow roast it in their wood fired oven with some spice etc. and it is crispy and amazing! NEVER have I loved a dish so much.
I go home and endeavor to do the same.
When you buy cauliflower, you get this big thing that looks like a huge human head with the skull and face removed! (you are slightly, like, "ewww")
I know, I have never thought cauliflower a very nice looking item. BUT what I realize is that it is a blank canvas upon which to paint your flavor and texture...
SO, Thursday I roasted half a head of cauliflower (recipe here) and put it onto spinach-garlic noodles (recipe here) and last night? I roasted a sweet potato and the rest of the cauliflower and we tossed them onto black bean coconut soup (recipe here) OH GOSH amazing :) Have a great weekend!
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 5:25 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- the internet is OH SO many silly selfies, cute dog...
- oooh ooooooh, witchy woman.....
- Penny the working girl dresses UP for Halloween an...
- PUMPKIN-CHOCOLATE COOKIES: not as nutty as you th...
- pottery plane with a piggy!
- a couple of RANDOM thoughts....
- speaking of PIGS, flying and otherwise...
- shooting for perfection...or at least a favorite!
- you work your WHOLE life for this...
- Penny is a WORKING dog...
- Canada is DIFFERENT: road trip part TWO
- 511 miles, 14 hours, 9 green lights: highlights f...
- throwing, sculpting, taxi meters
- being valued and getting paid....
- the biggest toy EVER?
- the nature of innovation...?
- this is LA... (not)
- everybody was in a BUYING mood....
- the friendly people who...
- they come for MY CAT AND DOG.....
- utter FAVorites
- CHILL out in the HOT sun
- I WISH....
- a MIXED bag...
- OPEN STUDIO and juvenile delinquents...
- nobody would KILL for KAULIFLOWER....
- oh well!
- just forget all your other plans....
- (heart) A to Z bread....
- ▼ October (31)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
I'm a fan of roasted cauliflower, with lemon or curry.
I like it pickled as well.
I'm sure it tasted good. But you can have that blank canvass all to yourself...make all the flavors in the world, and I'll still skip a cauliflower. Thanks anyway!
Cauliflower certainly is the brains of the produce dept.
A few weeks ago I had a dish similar to the one you had....mine was at a vegetarian-asian diner. I had no idea cauliflower could be so good. SO darn yummy....but I know I wouldn't be able to recreate it myself. :(
I made some curried cauliflower the other night that was so good I didn't want to eat anything else.
Isn't it a personal triumph when you can make a recipe yourself like that? Nice job!
You made it sound so good that I clicked on over... and then I read that "roasting the cauliflower intensifies the flavor"... um, okay then... no cauliflower for me!
I only eat cauliflower if I drown it in a mayonnaise/lemon pepper/cheese sauce after microwaving it into submission.
Post a Comment