Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, November 8, 2012

wiggly wallpaper

The wife sees this newspaper and she is like "who is _____ ?" and I am like "HUH?" and she is like "you left the paper open at this page with this guy, who is he?" and I am looking and its like "I have no idea who he is, but I LOVE the wallpaper design, and I wan to keep it.  Gonna cut him out" and later that same day I am glazing, using the wiggly lines as inspiration!  You see it on the bowl here....magnificent eh?

7 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Well, my fav is the spiral...we're members of some club from using them, aren't we? Just hold an index finger pointing to your ear and make the sign!

smartcat said...

Like the combo of spiral and wiggle.

Did you have snow and storm, or are you away from all this mess?

Gary's third pottery blog said...

storm: NO, its a nice day :)

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Spike and Penny! I too was wondering if you were getting the winter storm. Glad it's a sunny day for you.

Julia said...

A nice translation of the wiggle-waggle on that bowl of yours. :)

Hilary said...

Clever you.. it looks great.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I like the wigglys too. :)
I have to know, do you ever make something and you say: Hey, I just don't like that?? Seems like you are always so positive and never hard on yourself. I love that.
The critters look so warm and cozy. I hope the humans are too!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.