Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, November 22, 2012

that is the only way TURKEY is coming into this house...


(stunningly fun and beautiful bowl by Gary Rith)
It is like people who practice alternative s3x lives:  everybody else wants to know how they do it, what they do and when they do it in the privacy of their own homes?

Thanksgiving in a vegan household:  what k!nky sh!t are we getting into?

AH hA!  Well, I delight in SHOCKING the relatives with our non-conformist ways. Tofurkey is OK, but it is really quite salty and I don't buy it.
Breakfast?  My first attempt at making a chocolate pie (see below!).  It turned out wonderfully, but next time I need to sneak in a layer of peanut butter and call it a "peanut butter cup pie".  BRILLIANT.
Lunch?  Broiled beets and carrots with mashed potato and white beans to back up all that color.
Dinner???? Spinach (with potato and mushroom) calzones!!!!
There will be a pumpkin pie too, somewhere along the way....and probably a VERY tasty pinot grigio and of course, at noon, my old Boston radio station WXRV radio plays our yearly Thanksgiving favorite by Arlo Guthrie, Alice's restaurant....

this is where you say what you are grateful for:  Grateful for good health, wonderful wife, awesome house, the best pets and really, the very best career making pots everyday, so much to be thankful for. Hope you are doing well today too!

9 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Gary. Gorgeous pie. I'll have it without peanut butter!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
denis said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING GARY! That pie looks like seriously dark dark chocolate. Yum!

smartcat said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Maude and Penny and Spike!

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

Oh you just cracked my Memory Code. When we lived in MA we used to listen to that station on the way to Thanksgiving dinner!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Was that pie for breakfast? I KNEW I liked you!

Hilary said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. I'm glad for that. :)

smalltownme said...

I missed out on hearing Alice's restaurant this year. But I think our cats had the same friskies as Spike. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I hope you and the family enjoyed your Thanksgiving and your weekend!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.