Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, November 12, 2012

in which we go to NY city and have a BLAST....




The wife and I were in NY city this weekend, soooo delightful!  The bus we were on was also delivering a TRUCKLOAD of relief supplies....anyway, nothing like going through a TUNNEL UNDER THE HUDSON a week after a HURRICANE and flood!  The tunnel usually freaks me out, but not this time....

NO, I am not jealous....dude looks SCRUFFY


Light post with cherubs and The Plaza behind us!


The wife is like "we can walk through Central Park!" and we do...including the Zoo which had an arrogant seal, but holy cats, lookit the sculpture everywhere, including this rotating clock!  I want it.




3 women, five dogs including 3 pugs in little coats and NO I did not ask permission.....they are probably all lawyers willing to sue my ass....but anyway, such a Central park scene, hmm?

The wife is like "you go to Eleven!"

Cafe society:  we went to the National Academy, a small museum and school and such, and sat out on 5th Ave watching the world go past...

My great-great grandmother lived with my great-grandmother and grandfather and LATER my father all on this block of east 79th st...my grandfather met my grandmother in this library on east 79th and then got married and had my father... both of my sisters-in-law live around the corner now....and my wife's mother ALSO grew up on this block with her sister and parents....gosh, this is like, ground zero for everybody in my family....both sides!


Speaking of sin....cute bottom!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Mercy! Youse guys are real New Yawkas! So how's the Big Apple recovering from Sandy? I guess the disaster didn't get up to 79th. Lights on at the Library!

Michèle Hastings said...

What a great day you guys had!
My daughter was in the city last week for business, she took the commuter train in and her hotel was just a block from Grand Central. She said it was business as usual at that end of the city.

Lori Buff said...

It's always fun to visit NYC.

bartster said...

Thanks for sharing pic of the trip. Sounds like the city is rebounding well after the "superstorm". Fascinating about your family all having connections to the same part of the city.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

No, the upper east side was not much affected BUT we saw tons of snow and devastation around New jersey.

Unknown said...

What a fab trip, and that clock is awesome with its lovely animal sculptures!

k.a. barnes said...

Oh, The Plaza. Sigh. That clock is every bit as fabulous as you said it was.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

I always insist on a walk through Central Park but have never been to the zoo. That clock!!!!! Sounds like a great trip. Makes me miss NY...haven't been in a few years.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

My friend who lives in Barnegat, NJ says it's "post-apocalyptic."

I <3 NYC--do you get to stay with family?

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.