Suz asks "I have to know, do you ever make something and you say: Hey, I just don't like that?? Seems like you are always so positive and never hard on yourself. I love that."
And I am like "DUH, I am perfect and so is all my work ;)".
Actually, the TRUTH is if ONE new idea out of 20 works, you feel like you are doing mighty well. I have been on a roll of late, actually. Like I said, I am doing the work I have wanted to do for 20+ years and it is all falling into place really fast.
The other day I was talking to Tiffany, who manages a gallery for my buddy Tom, and they are like "RED. We want to stock your RED, like faceted and that sort of thing" and so I made a bunch of that, which I had not done in a while, but also wanted to try some swirly glazing with the red and HO BOY lookit THIS!
(btw, I am not posting again until Sunday when I have a MEGA-EXCITING POST in mind for you, involving SIN!!!!!! I swear it is true, SIN SIN SINNNNNNNNN! And depravity with adult beverages!)
(mugs by Gary Rith)
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Friday, November 9, 2012
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- small miracle = good omen?
- EEEEK! Or, the dominos click down, one after anoth...
- the ten minute blizzard
- if you want something done, give a task to a busy ...
- time warp Tuesday....the first cat and dog....
- a final word about Boston terriers....
- it is all about the dogs of course....
- not really a dessert guy BUT....
- OUT with the gratitude and back to GREED as usual :)
- that is the only way TURKEY is coming into this ho...
- you will be mine ALL mine....
- time warp Tuesday! "it was 20 years ago today..."
- playing with OTHER PEOPLE'S PUPPIES and KITTENS
- the great adventure....
- keep calm and bake killer brownies....
- CATS and demonic possession....
- speaking of RECIPES...
- a couple more....
- "stunning", can I say that?
- things inside of things
- time warp Tuesday and the last chapter of my teach...
- in which we go to NY city and have a BLAST....
- sin in the city....
- there's an experiment that went well!
- "vets ALWAYS want cats to diet"
- wiggly wallpaper
- victory lap and double fist pump.....
- Time warp Tuesday and more of me teaching....
- setting Alita straight on the whole calzone questi...
- "I didn't buy any pigs today"
- making the pots I have always DREAMED of making
- you probably think I SLACK all day....
- applesauce and blueberries in EVERYTHING
- ▼ November (33)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
the red is fabulous... and I can't wait to read about SIN!
The red is sinfully good! That's a mighty cute elephant too.
What a gorgeous red...and spirals in glaze as well as a nicely altered shape...these are lovely lovely! So glad to have previews of what is hot in pottery!
I love the red!!!!
I'm glad to know you are not perfect, makes me feel better about life!!! LOL!
Sin? What? First you aren't a perfect potter and now you are a sinner? PERFECT!
Enjoy your weekend.
These mugs are awesome! You make a good point about how some ideas take time to evolve and then one day they just unfold. My next big idea: Buy mugs from Gary:)
That red glaze is fantastic. I like the 3D swirl centre!
Post a Comment