Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, November 9, 2012

there's an experiment that went well!

Suz asks "I have to know, do you ever make something and you say: Hey, I just don't like that?? Seems like you are always so positive and never hard on yourself. I love that."

And I am like "DUH, I am perfect and so is all my work ;)".
Actually, the TRUTH is if ONE new idea out of 20 works, you feel like you are doing mighty well. I have been on a roll of late, actually.  Like I said, I am doing the work I have wanted to do for 20+ years and it is all falling into place really fast.
The other day I was talking to Tiffany, who manages a gallery for my buddy Tom, and they are like "RED.  We want to stock your RED, like faceted and that sort of thing" and so I made a bunch of that, which I had not done in a while, but also wanted to try some swirly glazing with the red and HO BOY lookit THIS!

(btw, I am not posting again until Sunday when I have a MEGA-EXCITING POST in mind for you, involving SIN!!!!!!  I swear it is true, SIN SIN SINNNNNNNNN! And depravity with adult beverages!)



(mugs by Gary Rith)

6 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

the red is fabulous... and I can't wait to read about SIN!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

The red is sinfully good! That's a mighty cute elephant too.

Barbara Rogers said...

What a gorgeous red...and spirals in glaze as well as a nicely altered shape...these are lovely lovely! So glad to have previews of what is hot in pottery!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love the red!!!!
I'm glad to know you are not perfect, makes me feel better about life!!! LOL!
Sin? What? First you aren't a perfect potter and now you are a sinner? PERFECT!
Enjoy your weekend.
Suz

bartster said...

These mugs are awesome! You make a good point about how some ideas take time to evolve and then one day they just unfold. My next big idea: Buy mugs from Gary:)

JB said...

That red glaze is fantastic. I like the 3D swirl centre!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.