Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, November 18, 2012

the great adventure....

I was going down to Tom's in Binghamton Saturday and the wife rolled along with me.  Here in Ithaca, a super prosperous college town, stores come and go.  Tom has run his place 50 miles away in Binghamton for like 30 years, and it is the BEST gallery for the likes of me--everything is bright and fun and colorful, and he is VERY supportive of exactly the kind of artist I am.  It has become my favorite gallery.... my stuff is next is over my left shoulder in that pic, next to my specs, and I was there yesterday with a boatload, because as they said "we want to greatly expand what you have here" and I was like HELL YES.


We had lunch at a favorite natural restaurant down there called Whole in the Wall...I was like "I want the small salad and the BIG PIECE OF VEGAN PEANUT BUTTER PIE WITH CHOCOLATE".



In other news, the wife is sewing, as I said, a robe for me for Christmas....Spike slept through this stage, as you see....

6 comments:

Joyful Things said...

I hope you bought that hat!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

still thinkin' about these growling red dog mittens :)

Hilary said...

With those hats and the material for that robe, you two are the very definition of whimsy. So cute.

smalltownme said...

I envy Penny and Spike, all curled up and cozy on the couch.

Becky Brown said...

HELL YEAH they want to greatly expand your work in their gallery! Kudos!

Also? I hope you guys got those hats. Stylin' and profilin'!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Please tell me you bought that fabulous red hat for your lovely wife! Still drooling over the pie photo.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.