Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

if you want something done, give a task to a busy person?


Ever heard that saying?  I feel that way.  I have a fair this weekend at Nottoingham HS in Syracuse.  My friend Christi will be there and ALSO Dean, the man I apprenticed to nearly 30 years ago!  One of my oldest friends, wow.
SO, like a busy little elf, I am making a LOT of stuff...I need to fire that sh!t...therefore all those pots drying right this second next to the laundry over the heater...going into the kiln today they are....
have an awesome day!



You may find you need this piggy bank...or some other lovely pot from my etsy gallery!piggy bank

8 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

banana.
Banana who?
Banana tickle............!!!!!!!!!!
Shared to you from the grandchild who loves Knock-Knock jokes.

Best get cracking on those pots!
I hated to put the word verification back but they were all over my blog with comments on stuff. One older post had 17 post from the trolls...grrrrr

smartcat said...

The corollary to that is "What did I do with all my time before I started doing this?" Love the improvised shelving!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

The little ladder over the heater is very good for drying in winter, and sunshine outside is good in the summer, and atop a hot kiln is good anytime :) My clay body is pretty tough and can handle being quick dried within 12-24 hours for a firing.

Christi said...

Yay Plowshares Festival! I'm getting ready madly for that too. Looking forward to seeing you there, not that we'll have any time out of our booths because it will be so very busy...!

Lori Buff said...

That's a good clay body. Yeah, I just got asked if I can make a bunch of soap holders by the 13th. Of what month? So we push it.

Michèle Hastings said...

I always say that the busier people are the more productive they are. It's the whole momentum thing...it motivates you keep up the pace.

Ever notice that you often get lousy service at a restaurant on a slow day?

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I know I'm always more productive when I'm busiest. Unless I'm on pain meds... then I will not be held responsible for my actions...

bartster said...

How you fit all the aspects of your life into a single day is amazing. Personally, I find if I'm too busy or rushed, the work (of whatever sort) suffers a bit. I guess I'm dial up in a high speed world:)

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.