Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Saturday, November 17, 2012

keep calm and bake killer brownies....



(teapot by Gary Rith)

Paul is coming over for a bit Friday evening, so I make the guac and the hummus and the DEADLY GOOEY brownines.  It is my mom's recipe, which I grew up with and she wrote me the recipe card around...1987?  I have made a couple of changes....this batch was especially gooey and fudgy and perfect.  I do NOT understand the weirdos who like tough and crisp brownie edges...so much that you can get pans that make only edges, yuck! Soft and gooey please....recipe follows.....



Gary's mom's adapted brownie recipe

preheat to 350
melt in large bowl 8 oz margerine with (my addition for that extra rich aspect!) 2 TBS oil and stir in 6 TBS extra dark baking cocoa powder

stir in 2 eggs, then beat in one cup sugar

stir in 2/3 cup flour
1/2 teas baking powder
dash of salt
then add 1 teas vanilla and 1/2 cup nuts, stir well, pour into greased 8 x 8 baking pan

bake about 25 minutes...it should done...not like fudge or pudding in the middle, but not overcooked and crisp either!
You can throw on some chocolate chips on top when it comes out, then let it cool at least 2 hours before cutting.
Smearing peanut butter on there when you want to eat one is OPTIONAL.
OH GOSH that is tasty....

7 comments:

smartcat said...

If I ate chocolate this would be a big yes! Proge hasstrong feelings on this...."If I want cake, I'll eat cake.....crispy brownies are like chocolate graham crackers."
Once in a great while I make brownie cake. Simply soft, chewy-gooey thin brownies layered with frosting. Vanilla cream cheese, peanut butter, almond butter, raspberry jam....endless variations there.
Like the elephant teapot!

Unknown said...

MMMMmmmmmMMMMMm!!! Loves gooey and chewy noms!

Joyful Things said...

oh dear .. mouth is watering .. gooey is the BEST!

Michèle Hastings said...

i am with you on the gooey brownies... everyone else can eat the edges, give me the MIDDLE!

smalltownme said...

I often cut the edges off because they get too burnt.

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

Who waits 2 hours before eating the freshly baked brownies??!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Yes to gooey brownies! Yes to elephant teapots too! Both look fabooooooooooo!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.