Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, November 9, 2012

"vets ALWAYS want cats to diet"

The wife tells me she was talking to a friend one day, about our chubby cat Spike and the friend is like "vets always want cats to diet, but forgeddaboutit!".  That is our mantra with Spike:  the vet weighs him...and he is always a little heavier, like, 22 pounds now, and she will say "you have to put him on a diet" and I will be like "unh huh...its my wife's fault" then the vet will say "well, if she overfeeds him, you don't give him anything!" and I am like "uh huh, I'll keep that in mind, just like I, er, ahem, brush the dog's teeth everyday".  Sure I do.



More mugs, freshly fired!  Penguins and birds too, I make a lot of dogs and pigs on mugs and need to remember I make about 20 animals on there....


(mugs by Gary Rith)

Of all the glaze firings, my red changes the most dramatically.  Look at the before and after in this.  It sure was nice to awaken Friday and see those guys!  Fired to 2200 degrees Thursday, today RED.


You probably need a pair of teddy bear mugs....on special now at my etsy shoppe!
pair of teddy bear mugs
pair of teddy bear mugspair of teddy bear mugs

9 comments:

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

Spike is epic!
My Tigger was a 24 pound Maine Coon. His only fault was standing on my chest if I was sleeping on my back...can't...breathe....get...off

I love the red!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Wowza! Look at that red teapot!!!

Spike is awesome at any size. We go through the same thing with our giant cat Gus. More to love.

Michèle Hastings said...

love that red! i had a fat cat once but she was slim compared to Spike. The vet got me on the right track with Sophie from the time she was a kitten... 1/2 cup of food a day and only occasional treats... so far she is in pretty good shape for 11 years old.

Lori Buff said...

Those are great looking pots.

Spike weighs more than Ginger the MinPin and almost as much as Dori the Whippet/Beagle mix. That's a big cat, more to snuggle.

bartster said...

Red looks great! This new design totally rocks. I am going ETSY shopping soon!

Joyful Things said...

Love the red! and I adore all those little animals and birds you put on your pottery - not only are they cute but I marvel at how you can make something so small that still has so much detail and expression.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I adore Spike, but I think he over went the limit in that priority box. :0 LOL!
The green glaze is amazing!!!
Happy Monday

Busy Bee Suz said...

I adore Spike, but I think he over went the limit in that priority box. :0 LOL!
The green glaze is amazing!!!
Happy Monday

cm said...

Magic! Alchemy! And oh man, I want a bird mug.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.