Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, November 30, 2012

small miracle = good omen?

You hope so anyway!  I am packing up for a fair, freshly cooked pots out of the kiln getting prepped and boxed and OH GOSH the second to last item BONKS the last item and it FALLS to the floor!  I examine both.  I ping the last item with my finger (high temperature stoneware pots ping musically like a bell when you tap them...but NOT if they are cracked...like a bell :) and last item pings musically.
You always feel like with a fair SOMETHING will go wrong.  Felt pretty awesome those guys did not break, makes me feel ...well, lets not tempt Murphy's law, shall we?
Have a look at a few items out of this last firing and catch up to you Monday!

6 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

Yes it's a good omen! Best of luck with the show.

bartster said...

Pingggggggg! Music to one's ears! Hope the show goes great. Those lucky show attendees: I'm jealous!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Whew! Glad all is well!

Is that a new reddish-brown glaze? Or does it just look different to me today? (If so, I will blame it on pain killers.)

Anna said...

Hi Gary
A long while since I dropped by your blog - glad that pot had that ping!
Do you hand mold your little animals on your handles? Love them..

Gary's third pottery blog said...

It is the same red glaze as usual, just photographing very dark today :)

smartcat said...

NICE STUFF, GARY! Toes crossed for excellent sales and a great week end in general.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.