I was at Cornell Thursday teaching my last class for the fall. Golly where did the time goooooo?
It was the teapot lesson. My advanced class always does teapots on the last day, or tries to!
My buddy Tommy below right is another instructor at Cornell and you have certainly seen plenty of us in the past with the beers..here is our other buddy Katie on the left.....student work all over the place...
My class was excellent. There were only 1-4 students each week. IDEAL! All so smart and capable too.
But I get really nervous with teaching. It dominates my week, thinking about just those couple of hours when I am on the spot. On the other hand, I have been teaching for 2 decades and know my stuff :)
Spike and Penny getting excited about their dinner.
Emily below, facebooking....happy FRIDAY!
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Friday, October 15, 2010
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- Georges Le Soq takes Manhattan.....
- Georges Le Soq = psycho killer + chef
- Georges Le Soq and whispers of Christmas....
- Georges Le Soq: PSYCHO KILLER????
- It is all HER fault
- a guest post
- magnificent weekend :)
- Georges Le Soq murderizes the MacIntoshes!
- well, OK, since its Friday.....
- here at the north pole in Santa's workshop...
- about 32....
- flinging poo
- that was Monday!
- the cat and the fish in the teapot!
- karma is a b!tch isn't it......
- rock OUT
- last class, oh my!
- people gettin' down, people gettin' crazee.....
- the wife goes with the red shoes and the purple fi...
- appalling and disgusting...
- holiday for SOME people but no rest for the wicked...
- the demise of the open studio.....
- very little of consequence.....
- open studio weekends times 2
- THING ONE and THING TWO and the creative process....
- the heat is on......
- havn't seen the dream hamster in awhile....
- a-b-c of ME! because I am utterly fascinating and ...
- the wife was messing with her hair....
- quiet Sunday.....
- open studio Saturday!
- BAMF ART BLOG BUNCH Tim Burton*ish show
- ▼ October (32)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
I have no idea. Wasn't it JUST Christmas a few weeks ago???? And now here we are again.
What cute babies!
im sure youre a great teacher
Things have gone so fast this year.
I could use a slow day soon!
Emily is on facebook? Have her friend me!
Does this mean fall is officially over? :(
I love teaching, I am sure you are the greatest. If I win the lottery I will come and take one of your classes. How fun would that be! I would really make you nervous...lol lol :) Read the BABB blog I posted. I have the nasty effect of making teachers scream and run away...lol :) It would sure be fun though! We could sculpt, and sculpt, and sculpt, all kinds of things.
I keep forgetting about your cat Emily, sorry Emily. I must really be nuts to forget that, my own dog is named Emily. Oh well, who can figure out my Autistic brain, except my George...lol lol...:)
Love the blog, and the critter cam photos...:)
I would think that you would be a great teacher, and your finished products are the best.
Post a Comment