There is the Greater Ithaca Art Trail, and I have been on it for a few years, but people are sometimes surprised to hear that it costs money to join. Over 400 dollars, and if you add the 2 extra exhibits, the price tag is over 500 dollars. That is a lot of mugs. People always ask "do you try to sell things on the art trail?" of course I do!!! I gotta pay that 500 bucks! Another question is "I thought the county and state paid you???" au contraire! And also "I thought it was just to be educational?" educational my ass! I gotta buy groceries, this is a sale!
YES, my little studio has even had small bus trips full of students or scouts and even juvenile delinquents. I don't mind them, but they don't put a dent in that 500 bucks.....
I DID NOT sign up for the art trail this year, officially, but you can come over anyway. The next 2 Saturdays and Sundays, 11-5, 540 Main, Etna, NY, rte. 366, the purple house! I am calling it Gary's Incredible Art Tour....
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Friday, October 8, 2010
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- Georges Le Soq takes Manhattan.....
- Georges Le Soq = psycho killer + chef
- Georges Le Soq and whispers of Christmas....
- Georges Le Soq: PSYCHO KILLER????
- It is all HER fault
- a guest post
- magnificent weekend :)
- Georges Le Soq murderizes the MacIntoshes!
- well, OK, since its Friday.....
- here at the north pole in Santa's workshop...
- about 32....
- flinging poo
- that was Monday!
- the cat and the fish in the teapot!
- karma is a b!tch isn't it......
- rock OUT
- last class, oh my!
- people gettin' down, people gettin' crazee.....
- the wife goes with the red shoes and the purple fi...
- appalling and disgusting...
- holiday for SOME people but no rest for the wicked...
- the demise of the open studio.....
- very little of consequence.....
- open studio weekends times 2
- THING ONE and THING TWO and the creative process....
- the heat is on......
- havn't seen the dream hamster in awhile....
- a-b-c of ME! because I am utterly fascinating and ...
- the wife was messing with her hair....
- quiet Sunday.....
- open studio Saturday!
- BAMF ART BLOG BUNCH Tim Burton*ish show
- ▼ October (32)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
ya see, that is the quandery right? 500 bucks is a great deal of Money for an artist to fork out, with the offchance that there will be a return. I have two shows coming up this fall, one has a booth price of 600 dollars, the other has a booth price of 300 dollars. That is a butload of mugs, and it is a BIG risk. I am going to be having Open Studios here in order to pay for my booths at the two shows. There is probably something terribly wrong with that plan, but, its the only plan I've got .lol.
The bowl with the dog hanging off it is so cute. Will you email me with the price?
codacici at gmail dot com
The top bowl is simply stunning? Going to be on EtsY??
it's so hard to make marketing decisions... such an expensive gamble.
The bowl was an order for techno babe's sister :)
We used to go to art shows, we always had to fork out 200, and close to 300 bucks. We just can't do it anymore though, we are too old for that.
The thing that used to make us angry is they would not make it easy for artists to get to our site, and very little assistance was ever offered. grrrr! Not to mention the jury fee for them to accept us...grrrr! which is non refundable.
I wish we were closer...I would love to peruse your pottery shelves!
You're a trooper, Gary! And that's an incredibly artsy handle on that pot! Hope you'll get some monetary return on your hospitality!
A heart-shaped handle for a kitty and that awesome bowl at the top!
Boy, they get you coming and going, don't they? I had no idea it cost so much to be on the art trail. I'll have to ask my friend here how much it cost for her to join in ours. (I know she sold some small things --cards made from her paintings-- but I don't know if she made any big sales.)
Post a Comment