Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

havn't seen the dream hamster in awhile....

Many of you remember that I have a hamster living in my dreams, and have for years. Typically it is something I remember belatedly to take care of, as in, oh crapola, I forgot to feed the hamster for 2 days! or something like that. Its name is Robert. He has been in my dreams for years. Saw him last night in entirely typical fashion: it was Monday and I suddenly realized I had a hamster that I had not cared for since Friday and I ran home and found he was fine but out of food and still had some water but that his bedding was smelly. So I am dreaming that I am cleaning a hamster cage. Last night the hamster cage was a CD jewel case. Not sure how he fit in there....
I know I know, a close examination suggests that I am worried that I am forgetting to do SOMETHING. The self-employed person's constant refrain. But actually, I am quite on top of it all :)

Now for sale, skull mugs, piggy banks and other groovy stuff at my etsy gallery.

5 comments:

Lori Buff said...

Yes, that does sound like a stress dream, or maybe you need to eat more seeds.

Unknown said...

LOL I love that Lori, very funny. Hamster dreams, actually sort of endearing, and cute! Oh that is so funny for sure. Wonder what the psychiatric profiler I worked with would of had to say about that one? Probably would of said "Oh that is typical of a worrier, or anxiety ridden soul", that is so cool. My dreams are never that always exciting, scary, and so overcharged.

Summer said...

Lurker here. I have that dream. It changes animals (rabbit, guinea pig, etc.) but it's the same dream. In my case it's an old pet that I suddenly remember or find and I haven't taken care of it in years! So it's always starving and ancient looking, but somehow still barely alive. I even once had a dream it was my own baby that I forgot I had a year ago and was just now finding in its crib!

(The rabbit may as well just be named "homework," right?)

Benji's friend, btw

Reverend Awesome said...

Oh I am sooo not on top of it all. Maybe that's why my dreams are always just totally insane. When I was getting my hair done last night I kept scooting up in the chair. I was sort of just panicking myself into a little ball. Never relaxed. She kept saying, "Sit back. Sit back." Then I was like, "Oh I'm just a nervous weirdo. Sorry." so she's like, "we're taking a time out" and she gave me a shoulder massage. God. I'm such a mess.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I've been wondering about your hamster.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.