Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Saturday, November 28, 2009

guntshots at 12:45?

Was awakened at 12:45 by gunshots...or firecrackers. Don't know why somebody would be doing either last night? Many of my neighbor's lights popped on as I was looking out the window, but my neighbors the gun nuts ALREADY had their lights on. I was wondering if they were shooting at each other?
Then I fell deeply asleep, but OI the dreams! In one, the gun nuts make a pass at me and then Chuckie the doll...remember the demonic doll Chuckie? Was chasing me and then I was in a public library where some menacing gangster type would make you turn in your library card. THAT was disturbing.

Day one open studio was good yesterday and certainly fun. I get a lot done when people are watching me. Nicki came over, for example, and David who timed it just right, came over in time for a beer.
You could come over today, got peanut butter chocolate cookies and open 12-4, 540 Main St, Etna, NY, (rte 366, the purple house!).




12 comments:

kate et jim said...

Goodness Gary, you're up early! And I thought I was an early riser.

Nicki said...

So glad I got over, Gary. I have more shopping to do next pay check.

Anonymous said...

Best of luck! Your studio must smell delicious! :-)

Busy Bee Suz said...

Cookies and Champagne? perfect.
Only you could make me afraid of the library. :0

Unknown said...

If only I weren't 1000 miles away, I'd be there for cookies. :)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I am eating one now. They are real, and they are spectacular :)

Unknown said...

Can't decide which way to turn! Cookie or pottery? Well, the cookies are FREE so I'll check all those wonderful pottery goodies while I munch. Aren't you ever the clever merchandiser, but truly, your wares speak for themselves, VOLUMES, a whole library full, ackchally.

Unknown said...

Oh I wish I could pop over, it looks fantastic.
Thanks for the comments too.

Reverend Awesome said...

You live in a dangerous neighborhood!

Chuckie scares the crap out of me.

I wish I were closer for some cookies.

Lynda said...

You're right... library card theft is totally frightening!

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Your studio looks great! And looks like great fun. Wish I was close!

Jeannette StG said...

Your pots and vases look so beautiful, artsy and attractive on the shelves!!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.