Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

field trip to Margy's......



(Tommy and Margy, Margy and Michelle...)
Tommy and Carol are my absolute best pals and they have been taking pottery classes with Margy in her studio for awhile. I originally met Tommy and Carol because Margy sent them up to take my class at the Cornell Pot Shop and mess around and all. I had never MET Margy though, although she has sent all these groovy people my way, or at least up to the Cornell studio.
SO this morning I go across town to Margy's studio to Tom and Carol's class there, and there is a third student there, and this being a small town, remember when I got my hair cut yesterday at Rachel's salon? The other stylist at Rachel's salon is...you guessed it...surprise, Michelle! Dang, small world, small town... Michelle's pots kick azz but she isn't camera shy like Rachel and she also looks like a movie star BUT anyway Margy is a sweetie and great teacher and great potter and we had a good old time and even though I am a pottery instructor myself it would be fun to enroll in Margy's class to just sorta hang out in the class and gossip every week...

2 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love it when stuff like this happens..the joys of living in a small town!!!! Now, YOU will be the talk of the town..as if you were not already. :)

cindy shake said...

I think it's fun to get out and see how other people work in their studios etc. You've inspired me. I'm going to try and take a field trip myself to visit some other artists. :o)

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.