Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday monkey business....


(teaset by Gary Rith)
Nance is an artist and runs my favorite gallery too. She has a customer who wants a special small sized teaset so that when her grandaughter comes over they can have a tea party. Thing turned out absolutly stunning, if I may say....

HEY, feel free to go to comments and join the fun: I loooooooooove jokes and want to here yours (MONDAY MONKEY BUSINESS!). Try to keep it relatively clean, OK? here is one from me, frog style:

A drunk is sitting at a bar, and says, "Bartender! Another drink."
The bartender shakes his head and says, "No you've had enough."

"Well," the drunk says. "How about if I show you something really cool? Then will you give me a drink?"

"Sure," the bartender says. "But it's gotta be pretty cool."

The drunk takes a tiny piano and a frog out of his pockets and sets them on the bar. The frog starts banging away, playing a beautiful song.
The bartender gives him a drink. The drunk downs it, and orders another.

"No way," the bartender says. "Now you've really had enough."

"If you give me a drink, I'll show you something even cooler," says the drunk.
The bartender agrees.
The drunk pulls out a rat, and sets it next to the piano. The frog starts banging away again, and the rat starts singing to the music.
The bartender is amazed, and gives him another drink.

A man who had been watching all this comes up to the drunk and says, "You've got a million dollar act there. I'll give you $500,000 for them right now."

"Not for sale," the drunk croaks.

"Ok, $500,000 just for the frog."

"Not for sale."

"Ok, $500,000 just for the rat."

The drunk agrees, and the man pays him and leaves.

The bartender says to the drunk, "What did you do that for? You broke up a million dollar act!"

"Not really," the drunk says. "You see, the frog's a ventriloquist."

5 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

i LOVE this joke!!! I can't remember a joke to save my life...really.
Sweet tea set!

Jay said...

Guy comes home and finds a snail on his front porch. So, he picks up the snail and throws it as far as he can. All the way across the neighbor's yard.

Two weeks later he comes home and finds the snail on his porch again. The snail looks up at him and says "What did you do that for??"

Lynda said...

Love the tea set and the snail joke!

Jeannette StG said...

Ohho - you are probabl one who can remember any joke you hear! Love the teaset - it has a Scandanavian feel to it.

Anonymous said...

Don't have a joke either but that is one FANTASTIC tea set! Great glazes. :-)

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.