Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, November 20, 2009

FROLICSOME FRIDAYS...






(GORGEOUS flower vases by Gary Rith, the missus gets her azz kicked in 7 card pocket change poker, the wicked beautiful calzone, Buster and Penny dogs, Spike hugs Emily cat)
My cards were all turning up aces last night, and a rare thing: I beat the missus at poker. 2 whole dollars! And isn't that calzone a thing of beauty? The first one we ate and it was UGLY. A mess. Tasted good. The second was a beauty. You gotta watch the sauce, if it seeps out during the making FORGET ABOUT IT.

Frolicsome Friday! Plans? Jeez, I gotta make more Santa mugs, gotta glaze, gotta go out and work with my friends at Cornell ceramics followed by Chapterhouse beers and finally a party at Nance's gallery.....dang, and that is just today---tomorrow I, well, you'll have to see, but tis tres exciting.
What do your weekend plans look like?

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, the vases are so beautiful!

And so is the misses!

And so are the cats!

And so is the fact that you won 2 stinking dollars.

Life is good!

Kimberly said...

Love them puddies!!!

Unknown said...

Holy Schmoly. That's a busy friday. Today, I'm waiting for the kiln to cool (with fingers crossed). Glaze testing stresses me out. Tomorrow my sister and her peeps are coming out, and I don't know what else for the rest of it???

P.S. Is 8am too early to eat a calzone?

Lori Buff said...

Beautiful vases, calzone, etc...I'll be choosing pottery to go into the Holiday Sale at Mudfire and my shelf at The Mercantile, throwing some pots and then going to Henry Bryant's show at the East Atlanta Village Library.
Sounds like a good Friday for everyone.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

CALZONE is good for you :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

You are so funny. and I LOVE calzone..never made it myself.
Me? Cleaning, errands today. Tomorrow, more cleaning and errands and I hav family coming in from GA for a week!!! yay me.

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

You are a BUSY guy! Today is studio time for me...

Michèle Hastings said...

it's almost lunch time and that calzone is making me drool!!!
i have a working weekend planned...get the bisque kiln unloaded tonite and immediately reload...fire it off again tomorrow and while that's happening start glazing (ugh)..back to working real estate on sunday...i may not be getting out to socialize but i do have a stash of beer at the studio for evening break time and jeff will be there to join me :-)

Anonymous said...

That calzone looks tasty, as does that glaze combo! Happy weekend to you. I'm off to photograph more potspotspots (a few new ones now on the blog).

jb said...

Haven't had a calzone in years. Never even considered making one at home. What do you fill with if you don't mind the question?

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Filled with homemade tomato sauce, onion, peppers, soy sausage and vegan "cheese". Super tasty :)

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.