Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Saturday, November 14, 2009

STRIP POKER*






*Of course we didn't play strip poker.
There were 8 of us last night playing HIGH stakes Texas hold 'em, and lets just say I was the only one drinking water, and I was the first to LOSE HIS SHIRT. I guess I have a reckless style? I sorta believe the best in every 2 and 5 card that comes my way, and ALSO believe firmly that the other players are full of crapola and they cannot POSSIBLY be raising because they have a good hand, they are always bluffing. I should work on my strategy and mentality.
My missus here plays brilliantly. There was one point when she had most of the chips on the table, and then she got the PAIR OF ACES and won a huge hand.....and then the dude on her left twiddling his thumbs, me, started to advise, and that was UNWISE and Terri Anne here, our host with the secretive smile, cleaned us both out.

Hell.....we lost 3 dollars each.....we won't be buying Grey Poupon this week....
Sing it Kenny.....

4 comments:

denis said...

strip poker would have been even more fun!

btw, great photos.

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Y'all have so much fun. I am seriously going to have to come to Ithica and hang out a day or two!

:-D

Lynda said...

Kenny!

Reverend Awesome said...

I've got to come hang out with you guys. I don't even like poker. It just always seems like you're involved in something fun.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.