Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, November 23, 2009

afternoon meet and greet and a Monday Monkey business




I was invited to, not a craft fair exactly, but a sort of meet and greet with a few other artists in the grand ballroom of the grand old Inn Rogue's Harbor. So, for the first time in years, I set up a display somewhere and met the public. I have a damn hard time with the public--I have extreme crowd phobias and shyness, (can you believe it? I know, it always seems I am hanging out and partying with somebody--and I am, but craft fairs and meeting people make me want to crawl into a closet).
ANYWAY, the folks at this inn, and it is a favorite dining room and bar of mine, are so friendly, plus I knew Dee the painter (seen here, and you will recall I was at her party Friday night) and Margaret the glass lady, and basically we spent the afternoon drinking coffee and gossiping about YOU. We did. Dee is hilarious and so friendly, and don't you love her paintings?
The event itself, if I may be frank here, also had a wine tasting going on. Let's just say that when the public is faced with a group of artists and a wine tasting, people head for the wine............................

AND feel free to go to comments and add a good, moderately clean, joke and here is a BAD ONE from me that I found floating around...

This frog walks into a bank to get a loan. He steps up to the counter and asks for an application from the clerk, Patty Wack.
"Hi, I'd like to fill out an application for a loan", said the frog.

Patty Wack replied, "Do you have any collateral for this loan; something to stand against your loan?"

The frog replied, "All I have is this statue of a unicorn."

"Well, I don't know," said Patty Wack, "I'll have to ask the manager about this."

Patty Wack goes to see the bank manager.

The bank manager looks at the statue and replies: "Knick Knack, Patty Wack. Give the frog a loan."

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

I attended a small town crafts fair and it was horrifying. People were selling candy, dip, cannolis, fudge...etc all from manufacturers (probably originating from China)... YUCH!! Your table looks wonderful compared to the craft thingie I attended.

cm said...

Oh man, that joke was too awful even for me.

Anna M. Branner said...

oy.

Nicki said...

You better be ready for a crowd Friday as I am blogging about you!

Unknown said...

The seven year old in me just stuck her head out and started rolling around on the floor laughing at that joke,Gary. Almost too awful to be real -- so why am I sitting here quietly chuckling? I guess, cuz I'm so delighted to know that kid is still around! Here's hoping you sell out!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.