Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, November 20, 2009

Partay to Partay, drinks with 3 chicks and my new DUH Moines tee....






RIGHT. Well then. Hectic busy day, ya know?
First was glazing a boatload of pots then finishing Santa pots and then OFF to the Cornell studios to glaze more pots and meet 2 gals, my students Carol and Leslie, and OFF to the happy hour at the Chapterhouse and Leslie gets a phone call and she is like, to whoever, "we're at the Chapterhouse, JOIN US!" and the blue car pulls up and Leslie's friend looks FAMILIAR and I am like "golly, where have I seen her before, at the grocery store?" and it turns out Wendy is, of course, one of my customers, I swear this is such a small town sometimes, and so the 4 of us GOSSIP ABOUT YOU for awhile, my missus was at a meeting, and then, you know, off to a party at Nance's gallery, that's her with DEE the artist whose show is opening and Nance's son Wilson was videoing it all.....and you will notice my new red DUH MOINES, Iowa tee, thanks Kasey, you rock.....
My wife is gonna see this and be like "you went out and had beers with a bunch of women?" and I, of course, will be like "YEP!".

4 comments:

Chelle said...

Looks like your day was a bizzy one!

Unknown said...

Wait, what's on the shirt??? I haven't seen this shirt. If it came from Captain A., it's gotta be fun. :)

Reverend Awesome said...

It's a Periodic Table of the Elements of Des Moines. From the store across the street of my apt., formerly Smash as of TONIGHT Raygun.

Busy Bee Suz said...

So funny. I think the Missus is pretty confident that you will be coming home each night. :)

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.