Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, November 19, 2009

BAMF of the week: Kasey Baker!





New feature here at my third blog, BAMF of the week! In case you don't know what BAMF means, it loosely translates to COOL BEYOND BELIEF, or extreme awesomeness.
Kasey here is an Iowa artist and pal of ours and sent us a surprise Iowa gift bag, and it isn't my birthday and Christmas is weeks away. You absolutely HAVE TO love Iowans, esp. when they send you a CHOCOLATE PIG POP.



In other news we were low on sweets and Penny helped me make the peanut butter chocolate cookies. Penny is a darling wonderful dog, but she kinda gets stepped on by accident when she gets underfoot, but it pays off for her because I am a SUPER MESSY chef. I always drop tasty bits by accident.
yes, this is where, once again, you are jealous of my wife for being married to such an amazing baker....and lets get one thing straight: just like YOU CANNOT BEAT early Van Halen or early Talking Heads, you cannot beat early ELVIS. The man was cool, he could dance....




10 comments:

A said...

Kasey is indeed cool beyond belief Gary - her sense of humor touched me. Thanks for introducing Kasey.

Regarding your peanut butter chocolate cookies: do you have a recipe available? Nothing beats home cooking, but peanut butter is not a regular item in Belgian stores (across the border in Holland it's very common)

Reverend Awesome said...

Honored is an understatement. I'm happy the pip pop could stay in the family.

First BAMF of the week! No one can take that away from me!

denis said...

that is a great photo of penny looking up.

gawd, i want one of your cookies so badly!!!

Unknown said...

Kasey is a BAMF. I've known her quite a while, and she's always been like that. I remember thinking she was cool in HS, sporting the red monte carlo beast. It was quite the ride. :)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I mean, the woman is funny too....

Busy Bee Suz said...

Is that Penny's theme song??? Elvis was way cool: BAMF!!!
I have a feeling she does not mind the being stepped on -vs- cookie droppings!!!!
Have a great day, Siuz

Unknown said...

yes my daughter is a bamf and she came from 2 bamfs of course she is.

Reverend Awesome said...

Oh Becky. That car. That was too much car for me!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh I want a chocolate chip cookie now...

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Pig pops and Elvis in one post. Incredible. And then the peanut butter chocolate cookies...

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.