Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, November 15, 2009

witchy....



(me and some small witch bottles, 400 year old English witch bottle)
400 years ago some people made Bellarmine bottles, or witch bottles, for use in spells in England. You would maybe put a lock of an enemies hair in it then piss on it and bury it, really!
The frowning, bearded face was modeled after a Catholic Cardinal from the Inquistion, Cardinal Bellarmine.
So I bumped into Carol the other day and she asked if I was gonna make some, so I did :)
The Eagles tell the story here....

6 comments:

Real Live Lesbian said...

Do NOT sell one of those to my ex!!!! ;)

I love it!

Anonymous said...

Hehehehe well Gary, put some GOOD KARMA in that clay so nothing bad happens.....Heheheheh

Anndi said...

Man do I know people that could use some of those... heh!

Reverend Awesome said...

I would never piss in such a pretty bottle.
These are amazing, Gary!

Hilary said...

Those are very cool..

Anonymous said...

amigo... your strategy sounds good but you just told everyone. how many of these poker dudes on tv have a blog as their "tell"?

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.