Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

daaaaaaazed and......


(teapot by Gary Rith)
Potters know what its like: that hopeful December 25th feeling when you can open the kiln and (hopefully) see the treasures within.
I was thinking last week "what if I made this sorta stepped, textured teapot and whacked it oblong and ovoid and added little foots..."
and since I have a tiny little kiln, the inside of which is like the size of a shoe box, big enough for a teapot to be fired to 2200 degrees, and SO
at 3;26 am my bladder is like !!! and I decide to go downstairs too and open the wee kiln which was finished and cooled and I am like !!!!!!!!!! when I see this
and naturally, I didn't really get back to sleep. I am THAT excited about this teapot. Tis SWEET.
A lot on my plate today, gotta make a load of monster mugs but first, you know, the grocery store, glaze stuff at Cornell, ship a box to Julie and then go to Rachel for some HAIR MAGIC (a trim, really) then home and Nance comes over to get that child's teaset and....well, I could use a nap.

11 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Yes, I see a nap in your future too.
Love the little feet..so cute!

Anna M. Branner said...

Love the teapot! Need to try teapots one day....Dazed and Confused is hubby's favorite movie (next to the Big Lebowski of course...)

Anonymous said...

great little teapot and that's why you never check the kiln at 3:26 am... no sleep after that. so amigo, looks like i'm gonna be there a week from today, not sure who will be coming with me, if anyone.

Unknown said...

That elephant teapot is the most awesome teapot I have ever seen, really gorgeous and I loooove the colour too.

Susan as Herself said...

Love the teapot.

And in college when I took ceremics, I was nervous when the kin would be opened---half the time my stuff was all cracked/smashed up. Took me a long time to stop making things so thick!!!

kate et jim said...

I can't hear anything - I think I've been listening to Zep. ;)

-Rob, Simple Circle Studios said...

That teapot is pretty sweet! I love the way that green glaze breaks over the edges.

cookingwithgas said...

You make some good looking teapots.
I would not have been able to sleep either!

Michèle Hastings said...

what a sweet little teapot to find on a potters christmas morning :-)

~ Sil in Corea said...

That little teapot has CLASS!!!

BSOB said...

ROCK OUT!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.