WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Teapot Tuesday TWO: bigass teapot, bigass bagels and bigass blue bowls...
(teapot by Gary Rith)
Teapot Tuseday number TWO, already! Purists would argue that Thursday a week and a half ago was the first teapot Tuesday...but it was just a warmup.
Check out my big terrier teapot today, it can be yours! For sale now at my etsy gallery!
In other news, I made sure to color coordinate my shirt to this big blue bowl yesterday for the photo shoot (yeah, right!). That sucker is big. Before I fired it I was certain it was the biggest bowl I had ever made...and how could I know that??? BECAUSE it fit into the kiln with less than half an inch to spare on each side...which I can't recall before... I don't make bigass pots too often but like to silence the critics by sometimes picking a big hunka clay and showing how big my.... skills is :)
(there are potters out there who delight in competing at making big pots... probably to compensate for their wee little .... imaginations ;)
Finally, I made bagels yesterday... I was in a hyper mood. I don't drink any caffeine but I am a very hyper person nonetheless. I walked the dog then ran five miles because I couldn't sit still, then baked bagels and muffins and got dinner ready yesterday morning... all just so I could chill out enough to get into the studio and make pots---which I did then for several hours..... my dad said the other day, quite correctly:
"you're a very peppy person". Sometimes! OK, a damn LOT of the time.
YES, I crashed and fell deeply asleep pretty damn early. I get all excited, like now, when I wanna get up at like 3 or 4 and eat them bagels then wooHOOOO! Next thing you know I am reading at 8pm and asleep at 8:01...
have an awesome Tuesday :)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- "here in my car..."
- gluten-free buttered BUNS and Teapot Tuesday #3!
- BLACK keys and black thumbs....
- "...wish it was Sunday, that's my fun day..."
- sometimes you feel like a nut... sometimes you don't!
- Stonehenge, VIRGIN SACRIFICE and my black thumb....
- Scottie dogs + Porsches = living like the one perc...
- Gary meets a MANGO.....
- Teapot Tuesday TWO: bigass teapot, bigass bagels a...
- thinking outside the BOX... or egg cup....
- back to IMPOSSIBLY CUTE ... egg cups for Easter!
- before we go ALL CUTE for ya on Easter...
- "you made (gluten-free) chocolate bread just so yo...
- BABIES and Sunny Days = SPRING
- gluten-free brownies to DIE for and TWEE serving p...
- TEAPOT TUESDAY number one and dreaming of TWINS!
- WHAT could be more cute?????
- improvisational cooking: "just so good I want to ...
- the first morning WITH and the first morning WITHO...
- the FERN that ate my head....
- THURSday can be teapot day too....
- the last mention of _____, I SWEAR it!
- when life GOES TO 11: a couple of unexpected priz...
- what would Dumbo do????
- Penny had some people over to party....
- KILLER kupcakes... gluten-free!
- day of the dogs?
- a couple of gems....
- birthday week day one: the aftermath
- 48 is the new 84.... ?
- ▼ April (30)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)