WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Sunday, April 20, 2014
back to IMPOSSIBLY CUTE ... egg cups for Easter!
(egg cup by Gary Rith)
Yesterday my good friend and neighbor Lesli saw the skull mugs and was like "whoa, where are the cute puppies and piggies that Gary is famous for? This can't be you..." and OF COURSE it is. My skulls are cute! I think so. Badassedly cute...
But hey, my work is at least 99% unarguably cute, right? Today will not disappoint!
One thing the wife had to adapt to in getting together with me is that Easter is a big deal.
NOT in the way you think. I am a Quaker, and we say "no day is more sacred than another"...so that although we know how to have fun, we do not get overexcited and ostentatious about events (supposedly)... and many Quakers like me do not have a literal Biblical understanding of the life of Jesus. OK, so that just explains that for me, Easter is a nice little spring celebration.
When I was a kid my mom would make a bunny cake, my great-grandmother would send chocolate lambs and my sister and I would decorate and dye eggs and then hide them and hunt them down...again and again! It was also around my birthday, and you already know that I am in a celebratory mood.
SO, yeah, this morning, and my sleeping wife does not know it yet, I am decorating some eggs and hiding them and LOOK WHAT I MADE FOR HER. A week or so ago my old buddy Norah Smith was featured in the NY Times for her eggs cup and hand knitted hats, which is pretty flippin' cool for a full-time scientist, part-time potter.....
SO, I went down to the studio, thought about, and wanted to make an egg cup of some kind... I have made one so far, and the wife will soon come down to pumpkin pie and this egg cup for Easter :)
Happy Easter yerself!
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- "here in my car..."
- gluten-free buttered BUNS and Teapot Tuesday #3!
- BLACK keys and black thumbs....
- "...wish it was Sunday, that's my fun day..."
- sometimes you feel like a nut... sometimes you don't!
- Stonehenge, VIRGIN SACRIFICE and my black thumb....
- Scottie dogs + Porsches = living like the one perc...
- Gary meets a MANGO.....
- Teapot Tuesday TWO: bigass teapot, bigass bagels a...
- thinking outside the BOX... or egg cup....
- back to IMPOSSIBLY CUTE ... egg cups for Easter!
- before we go ALL CUTE for ya on Easter...
- "you made (gluten-free) chocolate bread just so yo...
- BABIES and Sunny Days = SPRING
- gluten-free brownies to DIE for and TWEE serving p...
- TEAPOT TUESDAY number one and dreaming of TWINS!
- WHAT could be more cute?????
- improvisational cooking: "just so good I want to ...
- the first morning WITH and the first morning WITHO...
- the FERN that ate my head....
- THURSday can be teapot day too....
- the last mention of _____, I SWEAR it!
- when life GOES TO 11: a couple of unexpected priz...
- what would Dumbo do????
- Penny had some people over to party....
- KILLER kupcakes... gluten-free!
- day of the dogs?
- a couple of gems....
- birthday week day one: the aftermath
- 48 is the new 84.... ?
- ▼ April (30)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)