WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Saturday, April 5, 2014
KILLER kupcakes... gluten-free!
It was my birthday week...and I get the daily email from Nicole Hunn's gluten-free on a shoestring blog... Easter cupcakes! I have not made cupcakes in awhile, but I have made a lot of cakes and muffins, and holy KATS, what you realize about cupcakes? It is that they are very TIDY. Just their own tiny, neat little package, no fussing, no slicing, one nice serving. OK, sure, they have been very fashionable in some quarters, even TWEE and TRENDY: as the wife and I joke "get yer free-range Brooklyn artisanal cupcakes here!".
I can make artisanal cupcakes too...and as I remark to the wife "now I need to make a tiny little cupcake stand, like my cake stand!" and she is like "to hold just ONE cupcake???" "right" "how CUTE!" and I am like "how tidy!". She wants me to make a bunch of large flower pots. I think cute little cupcake stands made at the same time would be hilarious.
With this recipe I did not bother with the decorations she used in the recipe, and I have to make things dairy-free, so used margerine for butter and soy milk and dairy-free chocloate for the frosting AND, inside? I did not see any reason to not put chocolate chunks into the cupcakes, then I made my mom's recipe chocolate frosting and put MORE chocolate chips on top of THAT... and finally, if a person wanted the vanilla cupcake made chocolate, just add some spoonfuls chocolate powder and a little more milk to the batter, ta da! (the wife told me "you're not gonna post that picture of me with the frosting pan are ya?" but we all know it is better to blog it first and apologize later...)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- "here in my car..."
- gluten-free buttered BUNS and Teapot Tuesday #3!
- BLACK keys and black thumbs....
- "...wish it was Sunday, that's my fun day..."
- sometimes you feel like a nut... sometimes you don't!
- Stonehenge, VIRGIN SACRIFICE and my black thumb....
- Scottie dogs + Porsches = living like the one perc...
- Gary meets a MANGO.....
- Teapot Tuesday TWO: bigass teapot, bigass bagels a...
- thinking outside the BOX... or egg cup....
- back to IMPOSSIBLY CUTE ... egg cups for Easter!
- before we go ALL CUTE for ya on Easter...
- "you made (gluten-free) chocolate bread just so yo...
- BABIES and Sunny Days = SPRING
- gluten-free brownies to DIE for and TWEE serving p...
- TEAPOT TUESDAY number one and dreaming of TWINS!
- WHAT could be more cute?????
- improvisational cooking: "just so good I want to ...
- the first morning WITH and the first morning WITHO...
- the FERN that ate my head....
- THURSday can be teapot day too....
- the last mention of _____, I SWEAR it!
- when life GOES TO 11: a couple of unexpected priz...
- what would Dumbo do????
- Penny had some people over to party....
- KILLER kupcakes... gluten-free!
- day of the dogs?
- a couple of gems....
- birthday week day one: the aftermath
- 48 is the new 84.... ?
- ▼ April (30)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)