WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Tuesday, April 8, 2014
when life GOES TO 11: a couple of unexpected prizes in small packages...
I was thinking yesterday, as I made gluten-free zucchini bread, which you KNOW I love so much, although you could argue I love anything full of cinnamon which I can cover with peanut butter, I asked the universe "I wonder if there is such a thing as peanut butter bread... I bet there is!" and do I need to tell you, THERE IS? So many choices! I chose the simplest recipe and... it goes to 11. It is the BEST and easiest bread I have EVER made--when you consider easy and tasty. I have made a lot of bread, and a lot of yummy gluten-free bread, and all are good. This one happens to be flexible, can be made gluten-free and is even vegan and healthy AND (click here for peanut butter bread) the woman who developed it is a healthy cooking and dessert genius. I mean, LOOK at this huge and lovely loaf, and imagine how lovely the house smells, of peanut butter and cinnamon!
Other unexpected prizes: the light green glaze lower down is a huge favorite, as you know, and I wondered what might happen if I switched the (green colorant) copper for (blue colorant) cobalt? The result was not what I imagined but SO MUCH more electric and wonderful--a sharp cornflower or sky blue. I have a glaze I call baby blue which is periwinkle at times, but this glaze is a darker tone, and somehow just POPS. What a nice summery color, hmm?
Have an awesome Tuesday!
(vases and cups by Gary Rith)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- "here in my car..."
- gluten-free buttered BUNS and Teapot Tuesday #3!
- BLACK keys and black thumbs....
- "...wish it was Sunday, that's my fun day..."
- sometimes you feel like a nut... sometimes you don't!
- Stonehenge, VIRGIN SACRIFICE and my black thumb....
- Scottie dogs + Porsches = living like the one perc...
- Gary meets a MANGO.....
- Teapot Tuesday TWO: bigass teapot, bigass bagels a...
- thinking outside the BOX... or egg cup....
- back to IMPOSSIBLY CUTE ... egg cups for Easter!
- before we go ALL CUTE for ya on Easter...
- "you made (gluten-free) chocolate bread just so yo...
- BABIES and Sunny Days = SPRING
- gluten-free brownies to DIE for and TWEE serving p...
- TEAPOT TUESDAY number one and dreaming of TWINS!
- WHAT could be more cute?????
- improvisational cooking: "just so good I want to ...
- the first morning WITH and the first morning WITHO...
- the FERN that ate my head....
- THURSday can be teapot day too....
- the last mention of _____, I SWEAR it!
- when life GOES TO 11: a couple of unexpected priz...
- what would Dumbo do????
- Penny had some people over to party....
- KILLER kupcakes... gluten-free!
- day of the dogs?
- a couple of gems....
- birthday week day one: the aftermath
- 48 is the new 84.... ?
- ▼ April (30)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)