Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Friday, April 25, 2014
Stonehenge, VIRGIN SACRIFICE and my black thumb....
Thursday kicked AZZ: mild and sunny! Not something you can count on this spring.
Twas the FIRST day I could dry pots outdoors!
I cut the lawn for the first time! Monday, the grass was lying around out there, all brown and dead...but it got warm and sunny and started growing fast.... a couple days of heavy rain and it was already up to my knees! Seriously, it had to be cut (people in warm places are wondering what is the big deal: but last week we had heavy snow, AND at the start of yesterday, April 24??? It was 25 degrees out there. And MORE SNOW EXPECTED SATURDAY)
OK, the real reason I cut the grass is I am purely lazy. I don't rake leaves in fall or spring... I shred them with the mower! MULCH! Win-win, minimal effort....
Also, as you see below, I added rocks to MY PERSONAL STONEHENGE. Many of you will recall this is an ongoing project. Sure, the central slab looks like a raised alter to sacrifice virgins BUT I SWEAR all we do is drink martinis out there with the dog!
A neighbor is like: "we had our septic field dug up, you want any of the rocks????"
Some of you might be thinking "EWWWWW! Poopy rocks!" But, well, you know, what is rain for? And there was this STUNNING large block of a rock, and with a small flat friend Penny and I were able to add a seat to our personal Stonehenge.
Alert readers will note: Gary has a black thumb for growing plants but grows rocks beautifully :)
Have a great Friday!
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 5:01 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- "here in my car..."
- gluten-free buttered BUNS and Teapot Tuesday #3!
- BLACK keys and black thumbs....
- "...wish it was Sunday, that's my fun day..."
- sometimes you feel like a nut... sometimes you don't!
- Stonehenge, VIRGIN SACRIFICE and my black thumb....
- Scottie dogs + Porsches = living like the one perc...
- Gary meets a MANGO.....
- Teapot Tuesday TWO: bigass teapot, bigass bagels a...
- thinking outside the BOX... or egg cup....
- back to IMPOSSIBLY CUTE ... egg cups for Easter!
- before we go ALL CUTE for ya on Easter...
- "you made (gluten-free) chocolate bread just so yo...
- BABIES and Sunny Days = SPRING
- gluten-free brownies to DIE for and TWEE serving p...
- TEAPOT TUESDAY number one and dreaming of TWINS!
- WHAT could be more cute?????
- improvisational cooking: "just so good I want to ...
- the first morning WITH and the first morning WITHO...
- the FERN that ate my head....
- THURSday can be teapot day too....
- the last mention of _____, I SWEAR it!
- when life GOES TO 11: a couple of unexpected priz...
- what would Dumbo do????
- Penny had some people over to party....
- KILLER kupcakes... gluten-free!
- day of the dogs?
- a couple of gems....
- birthday week day one: the aftermath
- 48 is the new 84.... ?
- ▼ April (30)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Nice bowls...and I'm thinking the last rock (triangular with rounded bottom) will be a wobbly one to sit on...great for kids.
I LIKE it!.. :).. sounds like a great idea to have a personal Stonehenge..Tooo chilly here yet to dry things outdoors, but I did get a bisque load in today--dry and ice-free trek to my kiln..finally! :) Great Friday to you too! T.
Remind me to invite you and Penny up when it's time to landscape the back yard. :-)
Post a Comment