Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Sunday, April 13, 2014
improvisational cooking: "just so good I want to savor it" sez the wife
Do you know The Vegan Stoner? Beautifully illustrated, fun, affordable, healthy, EASY cooking blog. I have cooked items from the blog for some time but just got the cookbook and I am making my way through it! The latest listing for pineapple pizza I am making tonight, for example.
Their idea is cheap, simple, healthy that anybody can do, and in a way that is SO easy. The first recipe of theirs I tried cracked me up, the mac and peas, because it was just a couple of instructions including "a handful of this, a spoonful of that". That is how I cook!
Last week we made their chili cheese fries (remember-no cheese, just a vegan cheesy sauce), pad thai on Friday, and because my cheese fries had no chili, I decided to try making their chili last night. It basically says "fry a diced onion, dump some canned beans, corn and tomatoes in a pot with BBQ sauce and stir awhile". And because I always creatively improvise cooking and this cookbook encourages it, I added diced carrot, bell pepper and spinach. Soooo yummy, and I paired it with Nicole Hunn's gluten-free on a shoestring's cornmeal flatbread, a new one for me, just a couple of ingredients baked in a skillet: like, cornmeal and coconut milk mixed together, that is pretty much it! BUT WHAT a tasty, rich, crispy wonder :) Have an awesome Sunday!
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 4:24 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- "here in my car..."
- gluten-free buttered BUNS and Teapot Tuesday #3!
- BLACK keys and black thumbs....
- "...wish it was Sunday, that's my fun day..."
- sometimes you feel like a nut... sometimes you don't!
- Stonehenge, VIRGIN SACRIFICE and my black thumb....
- Scottie dogs + Porsches = living like the one perc...
- Gary meets a MANGO.....
- Teapot Tuesday TWO: bigass teapot, bigass bagels a...
- thinking outside the BOX... or egg cup....
- back to IMPOSSIBLY CUTE ... egg cups for Easter!
- before we go ALL CUTE for ya on Easter...
- "you made (gluten-free) chocolate bread just so yo...
- BABIES and Sunny Days = SPRING
- gluten-free brownies to DIE for and TWEE serving p...
- TEAPOT TUESDAY number one and dreaming of TWINS!
- WHAT could be more cute?????
- improvisational cooking: "just so good I want to ...
- the first morning WITH and the first morning WITHO...
- the FERN that ate my head....
- THURSday can be teapot day too....
- the last mention of _____, I SWEAR it!
- when life GOES TO 11: a couple of unexpected priz...
- what would Dumbo do????
- Penny had some people over to party....
- KILLER kupcakes... gluten-free!
- day of the dogs?
- a couple of gems....
- birthday week day one: the aftermath
- 48 is the new 84.... ?
- ▼ April (30)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
I've just found your blog....don't remember the path...but it is wonderful! just checked out veganstoner's blog and it looks awesome. i'm not a vegan but i will try out some of their recipes.
love your pottery....and do you really post at 4 or 5 am....or is it due to a time difference?
anyway, just wanted to drop by and say good work .... cheers, linda
Yum! That's how I cook a lot of dinners -- some of this, some of that, throw it in the pot.
Post a Comment