WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Sunday, April 13, 2014
improvisational cooking: "just so good I want to savor it" sez the wife
Do you know The Vegan Stoner? Beautifully illustrated, fun, affordable, healthy, EASY cooking blog. I have cooked items from the blog for some time but just got the cookbook and I am making my way through it! The latest listing for pineapple pizza I am making tonight, for example.
Their idea is cheap, simple, healthy that anybody can do, and in a way that is SO easy. The first recipe of theirs I tried cracked me up, the mac and peas, because it was just a couple of instructions including "a handful of this, a spoonful of that". That is how I cook!
Last week we made their chili cheese fries (remember-no cheese, just a vegan cheesy sauce), pad thai on Friday, and because my cheese fries had no chili, I decided to try making their chili last night. It basically says "fry a diced onion, dump some canned beans, corn and tomatoes in a pot with BBQ sauce and stir awhile". And because I always creatively improvise cooking and this cookbook encourages it, I added diced carrot, bell pepper and spinach. Soooo yummy, and I paired it with Nicole Hunn's gluten-free on a shoestring's cornmeal flatbread, a new one for me, just a couple of ingredients baked in a skillet: like, cornmeal and coconut milk mixed together, that is pretty much it! BUT WHAT a tasty, rich, crispy wonder :) Have an awesome Sunday!
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- "here in my car..."
- gluten-free buttered BUNS and Teapot Tuesday #3!
- BLACK keys and black thumbs....
- "...wish it was Sunday, that's my fun day..."
- sometimes you feel like a nut... sometimes you don't!
- Stonehenge, VIRGIN SACRIFICE and my black thumb....
- Scottie dogs + Porsches = living like the one perc...
- Gary meets a MANGO.....
- Teapot Tuesday TWO: bigass teapot, bigass bagels a...
- thinking outside the BOX... or egg cup....
- back to IMPOSSIBLY CUTE ... egg cups for Easter!
- before we go ALL CUTE for ya on Easter...
- "you made (gluten-free) chocolate bread just so yo...
- BABIES and Sunny Days = SPRING
- gluten-free brownies to DIE for and TWEE serving p...
- TEAPOT TUESDAY number one and dreaming of TWINS!
- WHAT could be more cute?????
- improvisational cooking: "just so good I want to ...
- the first morning WITH and the first morning WITHO...
- the FERN that ate my head....
- THURSday can be teapot day too....
- the last mention of _____, I SWEAR it!
- when life GOES TO 11: a couple of unexpected priz...
- what would Dumbo do????
- Penny had some people over to party....
- KILLER kupcakes... gluten-free!
- day of the dogs?
- a couple of gems....
- birthday week day one: the aftermath
- 48 is the new 84.... ?
- ▼ April (30)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)