WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Friday, April 18, 2014
"you made (gluten-free) chocolate bread just so you could put peanut butter on it"
Those amusing ads in the early 70s "you got your peanut butter on my chocolate!" "you got chocolate on my peanut butter!" was the beginning of a lifelong love affair for me....
You will recall 2 weeks I posted a KILLER delicious recipe for peanut butter bread which can be made gluten-free, and I made it that way and OH GOD.... it is so good. I put peanut butter on there
and jam...and it is like peanut butter on peanut butter with jam, DOUBLE DOSE!
BUT, well, it is a quick bread that tastes like peanut butter, just like banana bread tastes like bananas. That is great, but it occurred to me that a more neutral flavor nut butter or somesuch might make a fantastic sort of bread bread, right? I thought tahini a good idea, and there are some recipes for Armenian tahini sweet bread out there, which I am not looking for in this case. It occurs to me now that I could try to just make the PB bread recipe substituting tahini for pb, and maybe I will...
BUT ANYWAY the point here is this: in looking around the web I came across a gluten-free chocolate bread recipe made with tahini HOLY CATS it is good! I just ate some a minute ago, oh WOW. It is monster healthy and not sweet (if it was sweet it would be dessert and not bread, I guess) made with honey, cocoa powder, tahini and teff flour...that is about it! (teff flour: a new one to me, but is a healthy whole grain full of protein, fiber, iron, etc).
I know the card below is DINKY and impossible to read, plus, you know, sideways, but I spent a lot of time on my azz Thursday fiddling with pics and pots and...finally designing a new business card. The red teapot below covers the back. The idea, as the wife and I discussed at length over breakfast was:
1) cohesive, clear design
2) the pots step down from right to left
3) lettering fits the pots
4) clear and uncluttered
5) somehow shows different styles
Ta da! Excellent, eh?
(new pottery by Gary Rith)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- "here in my car..."
- gluten-free buttered BUNS and Teapot Tuesday #3!
- BLACK keys and black thumbs....
- "...wish it was Sunday, that's my fun day..."
- sometimes you feel like a nut... sometimes you don't!
- Stonehenge, VIRGIN SACRIFICE and my black thumb....
- Scottie dogs + Porsches = living like the one perc...
- Gary meets a MANGO.....
- Teapot Tuesday TWO: bigass teapot, bigass bagels a...
- thinking outside the BOX... or egg cup....
- back to IMPOSSIBLY CUTE ... egg cups for Easter!
- before we go ALL CUTE for ya on Easter...
- "you made (gluten-free) chocolate bread just so yo...
- BABIES and Sunny Days = SPRING
- gluten-free brownies to DIE for and TWEE serving p...
- TEAPOT TUESDAY number one and dreaming of TWINS!
- WHAT could be more cute?????
- improvisational cooking: "just so good I want to ...
- the first morning WITH and the first morning WITHO...
- the FERN that ate my head....
- THURSday can be teapot day too....
- the last mention of _____, I SWEAR it!
- when life GOES TO 11: a couple of unexpected priz...
- what would Dumbo do????
- Penny had some people over to party....
- KILLER kupcakes... gluten-free!
- day of the dogs?
- a couple of gems....
- birthday week day one: the aftermath
- 48 is the new 84.... ?
- ▼ April (30)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)