WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
TEAPOT TUESDAY number one and dreaming of TWINS!
(teaset by Gary Rith)
Before we get to more important items of business, let me tell you about dreams.
And let me preface this by saying I DO NOT do drugs! NONE! I am no flake! I don't even drink caffeine, but sure, the glass of white wine with dinner, sure, but that is about it.
But my dreams, GOOD GOLLY. I make pottery in dreams, wake up and make them.
I live other people's lives, having their jobs and living their lives. I wonder if I am psychic, because it is so vivid?
I have a PET in my dreams, as many of you remember: my dream hamster Robert. I have dreamt of Robert for years, he is like this living and breathing little fuzzy dude waiting for me to come back to him and put in some fresh pine shavings and some corn flakes.
Sometimes I even dream about my own life, but it can be WACKY SH!T.
I told you last month I dreamt the wife and I had a BABY. I was shocked and surprised to find, as a childless but childish old man (as my parents remind me: they were grandparents when they were my age) I was amazed at how much I really loved that baby, almost as much as I would love a puppy ;)
OK, so last night????? WACKY SH!T:
the wife and I were riding in a train moving to Chicago. (20 years ago we moved AWAY from Chicago) When it came time to disembark, surprise! She went into labor and gave birth to twins.
My wife is the thinnest woman you have ever met in your life. Her internal furnace must be something fierce, because she has the appetite of a heavyweight boxing champion. Same weight, within a pound, since she was 13. Her father and grandmother were the same, just the way some people are. (and she will kill me for writing all this, but she won't read this till later, soooo...)
Anyway, my point? Would such a small woman have an easy time giving birth to twins on a train platform??? Well, my wife did, just popping out twins like it was just another task on the list to cross off, along with dusting and cleaning the telephone and microwave with a q-tip.
ANYWAY, these twins, a boy and girl, oh how I loved them! They were so small, so alive. So tiny, too, and like little wrinkled raisins. I have very detailed, very vivid dreams, as I say, and feel it for real. I would be holding a sleeping baby in one room, she the other sleeping in the other room, and if one woke and started to cry, the other would do the same...you could tell they had a connection. The dream ended with "oh, we should name them!".
I had no ideas at first, but the wife said "I have always like Archer and Asher but I also like Giselle and Grace". Later I would think of other names like Arthur, but although we did not finish deciding, you have to match first names to the last, so they sound nice, right? Ours is a short, one syllable last name, you have to think carefully. We were thinking Monica Rith and David Rith when I awoke....
Thursday I told you it was TEAPOT TUESDAY, but it didn't count because it was Thursday. And that I would try to remember to start TEAPOT TUESDAY on ... Tuesday! I wrote it on my calendar, I remembered!
Don't you love this wee set, size of an orange with 2 golfball size cups? For sale now at my etsy shoppe!
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- "here in my car..."
- gluten-free buttered BUNS and Teapot Tuesday #3!
- BLACK keys and black thumbs....
- "...wish it was Sunday, that's my fun day..."
- sometimes you feel like a nut... sometimes you don't!
- Stonehenge, VIRGIN SACRIFICE and my black thumb....
- Scottie dogs + Porsches = living like the one perc...
- Gary meets a MANGO.....
- Teapot Tuesday TWO: bigass teapot, bigass bagels a...
- thinking outside the BOX... or egg cup....
- back to IMPOSSIBLY CUTE ... egg cups for Easter!
- before we go ALL CUTE for ya on Easter...
- "you made (gluten-free) chocolate bread just so yo...
- BABIES and Sunny Days = SPRING
- gluten-free brownies to DIE for and TWEE serving p...
- TEAPOT TUESDAY number one and dreaming of TWINS!
- WHAT could be more cute?????
- improvisational cooking: "just so good I want to ...
- the first morning WITH and the first morning WITHO...
- the FERN that ate my head....
- THURSday can be teapot day too....
- the last mention of _____, I SWEAR it!
- when life GOES TO 11: a couple of unexpected priz...
- what would Dumbo do????
- Penny had some people over to party....
- KILLER kupcakes... gluten-free!
- day of the dogs?
- a couple of gems....
- birthday week day one: the aftermath
- 48 is the new 84.... ?
- ▼ April (30)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)