Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Wednesday, April 30, 2014
"here in my car..."
(car sculpture by Gary Rith)
I made a car! Made entirely of pieces thrown on the pottery wheel.
Not my first. I have made other car pots that are less simple, but this one ROLLS.
The wife was chatting about something one morning and somehow I got the idea.... I was thinking of cute 2005 Audi TT convertibles, yes, but also that book I remember so well with the cute dog driving around....
It is funny, but I have been working on making a rolling car for years, and finally figured out the 2 hardest parts: the way to attach the axles and how to make and attach the wheels, and in the end simple is the best solution...
I have told you before that when I was 5 and I saw the movie PINOCCHIO, I wanted to become Gepetto, the guy who makes toys that comes to life. I love pottery and I love pots that work and I love a certain type of elegant, old school kind of toy and, well, this does all of that.
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 4:06 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- "here in my car..."
- gluten-free buttered BUNS and Teapot Tuesday #3!
- BLACK keys and black thumbs....
- "...wish it was Sunday, that's my fun day..."
- sometimes you feel like a nut... sometimes you don't!
- Stonehenge, VIRGIN SACRIFICE and my black thumb....
- Scottie dogs + Porsches = living like the one perc...
- Gary meets a MANGO.....
- Teapot Tuesday TWO: bigass teapot, bigass bagels a...
- thinking outside the BOX... or egg cup....
- back to IMPOSSIBLY CUTE ... egg cups for Easter!
- before we go ALL CUTE for ya on Easter...
- "you made (gluten-free) chocolate bread just so yo...
- BABIES and Sunny Days = SPRING
- gluten-free brownies to DIE for and TWEE serving p...
- TEAPOT TUESDAY number one and dreaming of TWINS!
- WHAT could be more cute?????
- improvisational cooking: "just so good I want to ...
- the first morning WITH and the first morning WITHO...
- the FERN that ate my head....
- THURSday can be teapot day too....
- the last mention of _____, I SWEAR it!
- when life GOES TO 11: a couple of unexpected priz...
- what would Dumbo do????
- Penny had some people over to party....
- KILLER kupcakes... gluten-free!
- day of the dogs?
- a couple of gems....
- birthday week day one: the aftermath
- 48 is the new 84.... ?
- ▼ April (30)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Oh fer cute! Did Penny finally get her license or does she sneak the car out at night while everyone is asleep?
It's brilliant! and that doggy driver has such attitude.
I love the car and love that it rolls. How awesome.
When I was in 3rd grade that book was really popular, I had such a hard time getting it from the school library but I was determined. Cars and dogs, how cool.
It rolls! Go, Gary, Go! That is super cool.
I love that song and YOUR car!!!
Can you believe that Go Do Go was Lindsay and my nephew Bryans' favorite book as kids? I used to read it to them at nap time every.day! I can recite it still….
Great job Gary!
I immediately thought of Go Dog Go when I saw the first photo! It doesn't hurt that the wheels look a bit like oreos. Cute and yummy!
That's adorable. It would make such a cute shelf decoration for a little kid's room.
I love that car sculpture. It put a smile on my face. I recognized that book too which also made me smile. Great old school toy!
Post a Comment