Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Tuesday, October 1, 2013
(heart) A to Z bread....
(Alita contacts me: "I will need your heart mugs for friends getting married!" and I do it, hmm mmm...)
You kinda wonder about zucchini bread: it is delicious and wonderful....but recipes have so much sugar and cinnamon in it, you get the feeling ANYthing could be thrown in there! Banana peels, old paper towels, worn out tires: grate them in there, it is all delicious!
I say that because although I like zucchini and have many uses for it, truly, does anybody REALLY like the stuff or is it merely this thing that overtakes the garden and thrifty Americans want to use it...somehow....grimly....so HEY! Take a boatload of sugar and spice, huzzah! Bread! YUM!
My zucchini bread recipe from Nicole Hunn of gluten-free on a shoestring goes one step further: she tosses chocolate chips in there too!!!! YOU KNOW she has 3 little kids. You imagine it goes like this:
"hey Junior, would you like, um, chocolate chip bread for breakfast???" and the response is "yaaay!" whereas no kid on EARTH would touch something called zucchini bread.
OKAY, but that recipe is SO good and I don't add her chocolate chips. I asked "what if I used shredded apple and raisins instead?????".
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 6:15 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- the internet is OH SO many silly selfies, cute dog...
- oooh ooooooh, witchy woman.....
- Penny the working girl dresses UP for Halloween an...
- PUMPKIN-CHOCOLATE COOKIES: not as nutty as you th...
- pottery plane with a piggy!
- a couple of RANDOM thoughts....
- speaking of PIGS, flying and otherwise...
- shooting for perfection...or at least a favorite!
- you work your WHOLE life for this...
- Penny is a WORKING dog...
- Canada is DIFFERENT: road trip part TWO
- 511 miles, 14 hours, 9 green lights: highlights f...
- throwing, sculpting, taxi meters
- being valued and getting paid....
- the biggest toy EVER?
- the nature of innovation...?
- this is LA... (not)
- everybody was in a BUYING mood....
- the friendly people who...
- they come for MY CAT AND DOG.....
- utter FAVorites
- CHILL out in the HOT sun
- I WISH....
- a MIXED bag...
- OPEN STUDIO and juvenile delinquents...
- nobody would KILL for KAULIFLOWER....
- oh well!
- just forget all your other plans....
- (heart) A to Z bread....
- ▼ October (31)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
What brand of "flour" do you use? Or do you make your own "Gluten Free Flour Mixture". My Grandson has Celiac and I am wondering what I should look for in the grocery store to make awesome food for him. Thanks.
I use bob's red mill gf all purpose flour, it is quite good for nearly every thing. For some of my recipes I use chickpea flour, or brown rice flour or GF certified oat flour, and corn flour for corn bread and some tortillas :) The nice thing about GF flours like these is that they have a substantial amount of good nutrients, like iron, fiber, protein which is pretty much non-existant in wheat.
I love fresh zucchini but I don't grow it so I don't have to deal with the proliferation!
I love how you improvise in the kitchen; genius.
I heart the heart mugs!!!
I use zucchini on veggie pizzas, in lieu of pepperoni. Yummy!
Post a Comment