Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, March 23, 2012

"why do bloggers always have to ruin a picnic?????"



Well, the wife did not say, as I pulled out the camera, "why do bloggers always have to ruin a picnic???" because she is too nice, but I said it for her. Some bloggers (ME!) are always taking pictures, and well, the wife is patient....Luckily Penny, who you see here with a cunning look in her eye, did NOT succeed in scoring our lunch...
OK, so Thursday was as spectacular as Weds. Maybe more spectacular. I went back over to Cornell to the wife's office for the noontime picnic. Holy cats, the apple blossoms and magnolias have popped out in full pink bloom on campus! SOOOoooo early! But so much to enjoy.

Below, i had to tie Penny to uncle Ezra....

12 comments:

ang design said...

oh purdy flowery bits :))

Barbara Rogers said...

My favorite is the last shot, with Penny, tower and blossoms. Enjoy!

smartcat said...

Sooooo pretty! Love the windows on the church but the best is Penney's smile.

Joe Troncale said...

My father-in-law was a Cornell grad. I am not sure how he would feel about Penney and Ezra's association, but I thought it was cute.
Your pictures of both your pots and the blooming trees are telling me it is time to pull out the brighter-colored glazes for the next round of firing...

Lori Buff said...

So beautiful, glad you're enjoying it.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Bloggers ruin a picnic? I thought we enhanced it with all of our "Oh, let me get a photo of this and that and you and you and pose and pose, etc...."
Enjoy that sunshine!

Cheryl said...

Oh a picnic!! Yay for those indeed. Must always capture those "Kodak moments" when one can. I especially like the last photo of Penny...Happy Spring to you all!

Unknown said...

I can see from your photographs spring is putting a skip in everyone's step on your side of the pond too. Isn't it great to see trees blossoming and alligators chasing sharks round a bowl? :)

(I actually think this is a clever idea. It was after reading your pottery blog that I went to classes nearby).

Hilary said...

Bloggers are the new ants. ;)

Lori Anderson said...

your pottery is AMAZING!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

You sure are having SPRING!!
Hilary's comment cracked me up.
The snow is mostly gone here, and today we saw a bit of green tulip leaves poking through the soil.

k.a. barnes said...

How much did it make me laugh to see Penny tied to the Ezra statue! And that last one- with the tower and the flowering tree and Penny in the foreground- Cornell should use that for postcards or something- it's beautiful! You and Maude have such adventures. You are an inspiration. :)

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.