Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Monet down the river from our place.....

(new pottery by Gary Rith...sharks chasing crocs chasing sharks!)

I was done with the work Tuesday and totally had cabin fever. It is not as hot as last week, but just beautifully sunny, so Penny and left for the hike and to pick up the wife at her office....
Cornell has thousands of acres (I have heard that the largest landowner in NY state is NY state, and the second largest is Cornell University...we are surrounded by Cornell woods, gardens, farms, forests......)....and we went to a pathway I had not been on before, down the river from our house. We ended up by the Monet bridge...well, I think they call it a suspension bridge, but it is this pretty curved wooden thing over Fall Creek that looks like a Monet painting......soooo pretty, soooo lucky to be able to do this.....


12 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

what a great place to live!

Joe Troncale said...

Haiku for today:

The hole in my yard
I escape to the Monet Bridge
My troubles bubble under it

Gary's third pottery blog said...

good golly Joe, you guessed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lori Buff said...

Simply breath taking. And a great Haiku from Joe, yay.

Joe Troncale said...

Trust me...I'm a doctor...

Michèle Hastings said...

you are so lucky to be surrounded by such a beautiful landscape that you can escape to!

smartcat said...

Beautiful walk and bridge. Love the sharks and crocs!

Barbara Rogers said...

Lovely...and I can imagine the brisk temps to go with a walk along the river...you wouldn't want it to be hot and muggy after all! (PS, I answered your comment about my sons ...does that go directly to you, or is it buried in my comments?)

Hilary said...

There's a bridge here, near Frank's place which looks pretty much like yours and Monet's. I'll have to photograph it for you sometime. Too bad I didn't see this earlier. I was at the brige today.

Reverend Awesome said...

Very pretty. It hasnt' gotten cold again here yet. I have a feeling it's only a matter of time. It can't stay nice all spring can it?! No way.

smalltownme said...

The slacker edition was made for me! Here goes.

There once was a woman named Heidi
Whose quaint house was not very tidy.
"I long for a maid
Who need not be paid
But will do all the cleaning beside me."

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Love smalltownme's limerick!

That tree has a heart at its base, and your suspension bridge looks like ours (except with much less water underneath).

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.