Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, March 15, 2012

ONE FACT AND ONE DREAM, we need you! If you don't want to look like a homeless bum edition....

Go to comments and tell us your fact and your dream today! Don't think about it too hard, just whatever pops into your head!

Now mine: Fact is, the teaset below is super dooper and i need to use that decoration scheme AGAIN AND AGAIN and again!
Dream: I don't need to dream of nice weather, holy cats, so nice out, 70 and sunny today, and warm expected for several days! The polar bears are crying.....and a mosquito bit me inside the house this morning...but other than that, I love it :)
But, for real, I dreamt somebody gave me a huge fish tank and I spent the night trying to figure out how to keep them alive....


(teaset by Gary Rith)

Penny and I went over to Cornell yesterday to pick up the wife and meet a dog walking CLIENT of mine. You will recall that although I will walk my own dog free of charge, I have a secret sideline as a DOG WALKER and PET SITTER and CAT WRANGLER. I started this because so many people ask me to dog or cat sit, and I like to usually, but ahem, giving me a bag of dog treats after 2 hours work or a pair of souvenir glasses from New Jersey? NO, I was really feeling like people were taking advantage of my time and good nature. I have a fee schedule, I go to your house at your instructions, wherever that might be, and I will wear out your pup with fun times......

I see myself here and its like "shave from time to time, Gary, or people will be wondering if you are a bum..."

6 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

Dream: Jeff and I build a home and studio on a perfect piece of land. The house can be small and filled handcrafted furniture, pottery, and lots of art. The studio can be BIG, with a place to keep everything organized.
Fact: Our home is small and filled with pots and art... our studio is small and very messy!

Joe Troncale said...

Fact: I have a million pieces of pottery I would like to make.
Dream: Making them.

For some reason your pictures from today are not downloading, so I am using my imagination for the teaset!

My neice has a dog-walking/sitting service and it turned into a full-time business and she had to hire other people to meet the demand!

smalltownme said...

Dream: I was running with a bunch of people in band uniforms.
Fact: While that was an odd dream, I was annoyed to have woken up as I had just gotten back to sleep!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Fact: I slept late and feel better but like a sloth too.

Dream: that while I am on my dog-less walk today, the people near my neighborhood come out while I'm walking by and give me their sweet dog. She stands at the fence almost every day when I come by waiting for me to pet her. Their yard is gross and I don't think anyone pays attention to her. I want to take her but dog thief, I am not.

Corinne Tyo said...

Fact: laughter strengthens your pain tolerance. Learned that today from a comedian.
Dream: I really really hope that when I get back to Syracuse the weather is nice and not gross and wet like it was when i left

Busy Bee Suz said...

FACT: I am on my way towards a weekend full of softball and HOT sun!
Dream: I wish you and the Misses were my neighbor....I could use a good/reliable dog 'wearer- outer'!!!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.