Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, March 11, 2012

of beasties and brussels sprouts......

I have never been one of those nutty people who are like "I love brussels sprouts! I want them for my birthday!" like the wife here does. Even though I am veg, i have my prejudices...I guess I grew up with brussels sprouts boiled into greyness....who would really want to eat these wet green things? Not me!
But I try to be nice and keep an open mind...and grow up. So I saw a simple recipe to roast brussels sprouts with balsamic vinegar and gave it to the wife...not too bad :)
(of course, dump balsamic vinegar onto grass clippings or sand and it will taste yummy, right?)


You have seen me make monster mugs before, AND you have seen me make Godzilla things lately...well, I put them together. Niiiiiiiice, eh? See below....
You probably need a Godzilla or monster mug....for sale now at my etsy shoppe!

monster mug

8 comments:

pminnihan said...

Very cool. The handle kind of reminds me of an octopus tentacle.

Michèle Hastings said...

very cool mug!
roasted brussels sprouts with balsamic vinegar are delicious... i grew up with over cooked ones too and HATED them.

Summer said...

Wait...grass clippings aren't yummy??

I need to think this over.

I'll be out in the grass.

gz said...

try nice small fresh brussels sprouts in a salad!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I'm still trying to teach myself to like brussel sprouts. Up until 10 years ago, they were one of 2 foots that automatically kicked in my gag reflex. I was a picky child, but a couple foods -- beautiful beets and cute little brussel sprouts -- really, truly made me gag, and this followed me into adulthood.

So what I really want to know is, what do Penny and Spike think of brussel sprouts?

smartcat said...

I too came from the cook until bleah school of brussel sprouts. Then I had them fresh and tiny sauteed with balsamic vinegar and bacon. Yum!

My dog from years ago adored brussel sprouts, in any way shape or form! But he was a strange creature.

I like those mugs!

Reverend Awesome said...

Kick ass mug!

Tori loves brussel sprouts. Her favorite place to eat is at the bar/restaurant in Dallas Center because "They have brussel sprouts." She's a nut.

k.a. barnes said...

I share your antipathy for brussels sprouts. We had them way too frequently as a kid for dinner and I'll always associate those stinky little cabbages with the awful easy-listening Roger Whittaker tapes my dad made us listen to during dinner.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.